ICT jobs, USIU jobs,
The Indigenous Language Project at USIU-Africa seeks to employ a WEB DEVELOPER on Part-time (Contract – 3 Months) to create a website that will showcase the work the project is doing and serve as a means to communicate its activities and achievements to the world. As the Web Developer for the project, you will play a crucial role in designing, developing, and maintaining a project website that aligns with the project’s goals and identity. You will collaborate with the researchers to deliver a high-quality web solution that meets and exceeds expectations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the research project team to understand their website requirements and objectives.
- Design and develop a responsive and user-friendly website using the latest web technologies and best practices.
- Design a visually appealing and intuitive user interface that adapts to screens of all shapes and sizes.
- Customize and integrate Content Management Systems (CMS) as needed.
- Optimize website for performance, speed, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Ensure the website’s security and implement necessary security measures.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to identify and resolve issues.
- Provide technical support and training to the users as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a Website Developer or similar role, with a strong portfolio of web development projects.
- Experience with popular web development frameworks and CMS (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, React, Angular).
- Knowledge of web hosting, domain management, and server configuration.
- Familiarity with web design principles and tools like Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- A commitment to staying updated on industry trends and technologies.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Interested applicants should apply by attaching an application and CV indicating relevant work that you have done. Send your applications to the email: email@example.com with the subject ‘Website Developer’ by Monday, October 16, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.