Accounting jobs, Finance jobs, USIU jobs,
The position holder is responsible for maintaining financial records, preparation of specific Financial and reconciliations reports, and ensuring compliance with financial regulations within the university. The position holder plays a crucial role in supporting the university’s financial operations and decision-making processes.
- Revenue collection and recording at cashier points.
- Prepare daily collection reports and posting of cash journals.
- Act as the university’s banking agent and carry out daily banking of collections and any other bank-related errands.
- Keep safe custody of any cash and cheque collections
- Maintain records of delivery to safety deposit box of backup tapes.
- Carry out Accurate Posting of Revenue to relevant Ledger.
- Carry out Student accounts back-office duties.
- Carry out Monthly/Quarterly Reconciliation of all students’ revenue accounts to ensure all students are accurately Billed (both Tuition and Other students’ fees GL accounts).
- Ensure proper Filing of Cash Office Documents.
- Liaise with students on payments made
- Prepare banking report every morning for review by the Senior Accountant
- Respond to customers’ queries and direct customers to relevant offices on a timely basis.
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and CPA (K)
- Member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK).
- 3 years’ experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills.
- Good Analytical Skills
- High degree of Honesty.
- A Team Player
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Good Communication Skills both Written and Oral
- Basic Computer Skills
- Reliable and Efficient
- Strong Organizational and Planning Skills.
HOW TO APPLY
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and desire to work as a team member in a modern, progressive, international, and multicultural institution where you can make a difference, please apply indicating in the subject line of the email address the position you are applying for. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts by 5.00pm, Friday, October 20, 2023 to:
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya