Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Research jobs, Monitoring and Evaluation jobs, WFP jobs, Project Management jobs,
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- The primary purpose of the position is to support the management of process/activity monitoring for all CSP activities, leading M&E process monitoring reporting while ensuring both data and reports are timely, complete, and of good quality. It is very critical that process monitoring generates evidence, documented as key findings and recommendations to inform activity implementation improvement. As such, it will be critical for the findings and recommendations to be shared widely with key stakeholders and for implementation follow-up. The position will lead the provision of technical support to field offices, the development and updating of M&E tools and guidelines, and liaison with activity and outcome managers on activity monitoring processes.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Oversee process/activity monitoring for all CSP outcomes, working closely with field coordination, field offices, activity and outcome managers to ensure all activity monitoring for each of the CSP activities are implemented in a timely manner and quality control measures for each of the processes are in place.
- Oversee M&E quantitative data analysis and lead qualitative data analysis ensuring analysis is comprehensive and moves from descriptive and inferential level to inform recommendations and enhance utility of M&E products.
- Produce M&E monthly and quarterly reports, with key findings and recommendations and lead the process of dissemination ensuring there is improved and innovative dissemination modalities that enhance access and utility of M&E products by outcome and activity managers, senior management, field offices and all relevant stakeholders. Work with activity managers to track progress of implementation of recommendations.
- Develop and keep Kenya CSP M&E guidelines and tools updated all the time, ensuring these are shared with field offices and activity teams while ensuring the teams have the required M&E capacity and support to implement required M&E activities as per the guidelines.
- Lead baselines and other M&E related assessments ensuring these are coordinated with relevant stakeholders and are timely to feed into programming decision making, are disseminated and recommendation implementation tracked and documented.
- Provide technical support, not limited to trainings, to field offices and activity teams ensuring data collectors and users understand M&E activities and their responsibilities in ensuring data quality, completeness, timeliness and utility.
- Draft and coordinate M&E related inputs for Annual Country Reports for all outcomes ensuring COMET design is managed and updated all the time.
- Support drafting and coordinating M&E related inputs to proposals, donor reports, concepts etc
- Lead M&E for WFP innovation activities, ensuring these have M&E systems to support learning
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (Continuation )
- Support and sometimes manage (as and when required) CSP Outcome monitoring, reviews and evaluations while taking lead, under the guidance of the head of M&E, in coordinating centralized evaluation activities when Kenya is a sample country.
- Support Country office Annual Perfomance Plan (APP) processes, working with the head of M&E, to ensure that all the functional and programme teams understand the APP indicators and provide required information and data in a timely manner.
- Supervise M&E data assistant, M&E enumerators and consultants when and as required and have a day to day technical support role to the M&E data analyst, senior M&E associate, outcome M&E focal persons and M&E staff responsible for data collection at field level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University degree in one or more of the following disciplines: M&E, statistics, nutrition, economics, agriculture, international affairs, social sciences, development studies, project management and or similar relevant disciplines
- Experience : At least five years working experience with UN agencies or other International Development Organization in the areas of M&E, VAM, project management and or information systems.
- Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
- National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Should have a thorough knowledge and understanding and practical experience in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems, as well as a high level of analytical capability, data analysis, excellent writing and oral presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Should have Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet applications (MS-Word, Excel, etc.) and statistical analysis software’s for both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Ability to plan and organize work and supervise staff; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, tact and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.