Get a job with the UN, NGOs & International Organisations
Good Salary and career progression
Find details here
NGO jobs, Procurement jobs, Supply Chain jobs, WFP jobs,
Procurement Assistant (Cash Based Transfer) SC 5
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the implementation of cash-based transfer (CBT) activities, and acquisition of goods and services purchases for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities (issue Expression Of Interest, tenders, evaluate offers and make purchase recommendations) ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritize retailer contracting/purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable retailer on-boarding/procurement of goods and services
- Research, collate, analyze and present procurement (CBT/G&S) information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant cash-based transfer databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
Do you meet the minimum requirements?
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Completion of a post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. An advanced Diploma in Business Management, Data Management Procurement, or in a related field is also desirable. CIPS qualifications is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive work experience in the procurement function. Experience conducting analysis and developing reports. Experience working with suppliers or other third-party clients on day to day basis
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information from a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.