Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Procurement jobs, Supply Chain jobs, Business Administration jobs, Finance jobs, Economics jobs,
Roster _ Procurement Officer
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Unit, the job incumbent will report to the Food Procurement Team Lead and expected to provide effective coordination, technical support related to food purchases in the regional bureau and its country offices. To operate with a high degree of collaboration and engagement with various teams, be involved in strategic planning and analytical work to expand food purchases in the region. More specifically, the incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the development of food procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider food procurement policies and WFP standards
- Support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers, and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contribute to successful procurement of food commodities and the related services.
- Track and analyze data and market trends to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization
- Collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of food procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendents, companies, etc to align procurement activities with wider programs and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analyses and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Support in attendance and participation in monthly food planning meetings and the monthly Integrated Resource Management Meeting
- Support preparation of the annual Regional Food Sourcing Plan.
- Support to mobilize Procurement colleagues from Country Offices and Headquarters to prepare a consolidated presentation for demand planning meetings.
- Other as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work.
- Three or more years’ work experience in procurement, public and government funds, with experience in conducting cost analyses, working with vendors and or partners with additional supervisory experience.
- Experience working in the international development/humanitarian sectors an advantage.
- At least five years supervising staff, delegating, and coordinating work, and ensuring high-quality, timely outputs.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of the supplier network and business needs to effectively select vendors that meet the selection criteria. Strong understanding of procurement systems, Corporate operating System and tools to conduct range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making
- Ability to establish and manage small contracts/ portions of larger contracts that enhance the value WFP obtains from its engagements (e.g., cost, efficiency, quality).
- Ability to collect, collate and report records relating to ethics and compliance to assist in the analysis of audit findings.
- Ability to produce high-quality written materials, including graphically based presentations, reports and reference materials.
- Ability to interact with leaders and external audiences with maturity and tact.
- Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- High capacity for organization and coordination, as well as an ability to work with a high degree of collaboration with various type of teams.
- Strong time management skills with an ability to plan, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solver, follow-through skills and sense of accountability and process ownership.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Able to supervise and manage more junior staff, appropriately delegating tasks and ensuring high-quality, timely deliverables.
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN WFP.
- Strong conceptual thinking
- Fluency in oral and written English mandatory (Level C). Intermediate knowledge of other UN languages is a plus – French is preferred