Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
ICT jobs, Software Engineering jobs, Civil Engineering jobs, Technical jobs, Law & Legal jobs,
- As a Junior Paralegal, you will support and assist the different departments of the company but predominantly the Legal department, with legal and administrative duties.
What You Will D0
- Support the Legal department leadership and the company to acquire all the applicable licenses required for business compliance.
- Organize and maintain documents in a paper or electronic filing system under the Legal registry or as required by various departments
- Provide legal, administrative and/or compliance support as requested for by different departments of the company to day to day business operations.
- Provide and interpreted legal information and support the company with legal desktop research.
- Liaise with the different County offices, Kenya authorities and Courts to ensure business continuity.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Diploma in Law attained between 2019-2022. A Law degree is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the use of basic computer applications.
- Prior work experience in International or mid-sized companies.
- Good knowledge of the Kenya legal system and administrative processes.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work independently, in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and precision-good attention to detail, to be able to carefully analyse files, documents and data.
- Good legal research skills and the desire to develop your understanding of the law.
Supervisor, Facilities – Technical
- This position is responsible for tracking and supervising repairs and maintenance of assets in the organization. The holder of the position shall work closely with the Manager, Facilities, to ensure that assets are well managed and tracked, that there is proper asset verification and tagging, tracking asset accountability, maintaining a cordial relationship with suppliers, and supervising facility repairs and maintenance.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate preventive maintenance: Flag and escalate any risk within the office in good time coming up with creative preventive solutions to reduce frequency and inconvenience..
- Assets warranty management: Record all assets under warranty and their warranty period as well as the warranty terms. Initiate the transition of an asset from the warranty period to the maintenance period.
- Assist in tracking repair and maintenance issues: Record all asset and facility faults that occur as a result of user mishandling, negligence and/or malice.
- Stakeholder Management: Build and Maintain effective relations with different stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Direct liaison for both KOKO labs and Engineering.
- Supervision of Contractors: Ensure that all KOKO projects with third parties are well coordinated at the highest quality.
- Responsible for maintenance and regular audit of all services and utilities including electricity, back-up generator, water and security and waste management to ensure there are no service disruptions.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Civil Engineering or Engineering related field
- 2 years of experience in facility management handling repairs and maintenance is a must.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with facility and asset management software and tools
- Knowledge of health, safety, and environmental regulations and standards related to facilities and assets.
Software Engineering Manager
What you will do
- You will have responsibility for the activities and output of one or more engineering teams across multiple products, with team leads and other individual contributors reporting to you.
- You will ensure the smooth and predictable execution of complex deliverables in accordance with KOKO’s quality standards across all relevant areas.
- You will define and improve on Engineering KPIs on a periodic basis based on feedback from other stakeholders in the Company
- You will be responsible for continually raising and maintaining engineering standards at their highest levels to enable technology innovation and software delivery.
- You will review technical designs, and ensure they will be scalable and robust.
- You will be responsible for the technical competence of your teams, guiding and growing that competence as necessary via training and hiring.
- You will ensure the use of best practices including code reviews, automated testing, CI/CD across teams and projects, and help others to improve the quality of their work.
- You will define organisational and development roadmaps to align with delivery strategies, to ensure product and business objectives are met, balancing immediate and long-term deliverables with technical debt and strategic technical development.
- You will guide the goal-setting process for their teams, helping them articulate goals that support both business initiatives and technology and organisational quality
- You will contribute to architecture and design efforts and ensure they are well aligned with product and business needs and objectives.
- You will build the engineering culture at KOKO, ensuring it is positioned to attract similar minded people with a passion for using technology to tackle some of the hardest challenges.
KOKO’s current technology stack includes (but is not limited to): AWS, Python, Flask, Vue.js, Postgres, Kotlin, Java, Firebase, Celery, Message Queues, Odoo ERP, Docker, Jenkins, CircleCI, Git
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Three or more years of experience directly managing software engineers and 8+ years of experience in software engineering overall.
- Strong track record leading, developing, and delivering significant software projects
- Significant experience in the following areas: enterprise application and service based architectures, software design patterns, messaging protocols, cyber security, distributed application development, modern front-end design, highly scalable data architectures.
- Well developed skills in designing for testability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Evangelist for Agile practices, able to work closely with product leaders to support engineering team members in delivering in an agile manner to achieve key goals.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is calm and decisive under pressure.
- Empathy for your colleagues, encouraging team members to think creatively while knowing where to intervene to tackle tough problems and navigate conflicts.
- You are strongly motivated by seeing high quality outcomes delivered, and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems as needed to ensure the desired outcomes.
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Hybrid working model – allowing you to split your time between in-person collaboration at one of our offices and working remotely
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop.