Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Procurement jobs, Supply Chain jobs, Deloitte jobs,
Main purpose of the job
- The Procurement Officer will work under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager to manage the procurement of commodities, equipment, and supplies for the Tujenge Jamii project. The role will also be responsible for ensuring full compliance with donor rules and regulations. This position will be based in our Nakuru office in Kenya.
- Oversee the procurement activities for Tujenge Jamii.
- Ensure duties and VAT exemption applications are done by providing pro-forma invoices for all vatable procurement activities.
- Ensure adherence to Deloitte East Africa policies and standard procurement operating procedures.
- Liaise with finance, senior management and the programs to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and ensuring full auditable support documentation.
- Develop and manage the project’s procurement process as per the policy, procedures, standards, and strategies in order to ensure transparency, fairness, impartiality, and confidentiality.
- Ensure all purchasing activities support and strengthen the strategic objectives of the Project.
- Ensure the adequacy of specifications for purchasing purposes.
- Negotiate major purchases, develop blanket or master agreements with suppliers, and engage in all aspects of contract management.
- Implement vendor business relationships in compliance with Quality Independence Risk and Reputation (QIRR) requirements.
- Identify, qualify, and select vendors of materials, equipment, products, or services, and conduct overall supplier management.
- Evaluate cost and quality of materials, equipment, products, or services and manage purchase requisitions/orders.
- Maintain an effective stores management system where all expenses are effectively monitored and charged to the appropriate projects.
- Risk management.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supplies Management or related field from an accredited university.
- Certification in purchasing/procurement is preferred with a minimum of 5 years’ working in a procurement environment.
- Be a registered member of KISM, CIPS membership will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) or USAID funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulation on procurement and administrative services practices.
- Strong knowledge of procurement methods and procedures.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer software skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Skilled in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good Leadership, supervisory and influencing skills.
- Good coordination and organization skills.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good business acumen.
- Diligent and quick learner
- Proactive and has the ability to assess a situation and independently take action to address it.