Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Engineering jobs, Technical jobs,
Senior Technical Officer – Strategic Information
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About USAID Tujenge Jamii Project
The USAID Tujenge Jamii project is a five-year USAID funded service delivery project, providing HIV care and treatment, family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services. The project is focused on increasing the use of county-led health and social services in four counties in Kenya, namely Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu and Nakuru. Program Objectives:
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV prevention services.
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV treatment services.
- Increased access and demand for quality FP/RMNCAH, nutrition, and WASH services.
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners, and communities to deliver quality health services.
Main purpose of the jobThe Senior Technical Officer – Strategic Information will work under the direct supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist. He/she will assist the MEL Specialist to provide technical guidance in implementation and management of a comprehensive field-based monitoring and evaluation activities and operations, ensure consistent, timely, accurate reporting and coordinate data quality assessment (DQA) processes to improve data integrity. The position holder will supervise M&E Officers and will work closely with County Health Records and Information Officers (CHRIOs). This position will be based in our Nakuru office, with frequent travel to supported sites in Nakuru, Laikipia, Baringo and Samburu Counties.
- Support in design, development and review of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) plan and M&E frameworks that captures the project aspirations.
- Coordinate field-based M&E activities and operation geared towards implementation of a robust M&E plan.
- Monitor and streamline procurement, printing and distribution of Ministry of Health (MOH) M&E HIV NASCOP and Family Health (FH) tools and progress monitoring charts (PMCs).
- Coordinate M&E mentorship site level activities leading to improved documentation in primary MOH HIV NASCOP and Family Health (FH) registers.
- Coordinate routine timely and accurate data collection and reporting processes on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis that meets USAID reporting requirements including DATIM narratives.
- Working closely with Tujenge Jamii’s M&E Officers and Associates, coordinate data quality processes including routine data quality audits (DQA), data verifications and data triangulations.
- Coordinate implementation of monthly M&E implementation calendar by the M&E team.
- In collaboration with the Data Management Unit team (DMU), support with development and review of data collection tools / templates including preparation of standard operating procedures (SOP) and instruction guides.
- Coordinate routine data review processes at different project implementation levels (Multi-Disciplinary Team, County, sub – county and facility) through evidenced based data driven Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) approaches.
- Working closely with CHRIOs and Tujenge Jamii’s M&E officers, provide leadership in ensuring timely and accurate reporting to Kenya Health Information System (KHIS) and MOH data reporting systems.
- Coordinate the projects routine M&E learning café/ sessions geared towards capacity building project and facility teams including developing digital data collection platforms (ODK).
- Coordinate planning of Joint project MOH County specific M&E Technical Working Groups (TWGs) to improve effective implementation of M&E activities in the supported Counties.
- A Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public health, Epidemiology, Information Technology, Health Records & Information Management, Bio – statistics or a related field with at least 5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) for USG /USAID funded HIV/AIDS programs or
- A BA/BSc in the above listed disciplines with over 7 years of experience in M&E for USG/ USAID funded HIV/AIDS programs.
- Good familiarity and working knowledge of MOH /NASCOP and USAID PEPFAR DATIM Reporting requirements and systems.
- Demonstrated experience with National Health Management Information Systems (KHIS) and electronic medical records system (KenyaEMR).
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, databases, including advanced skills in at least two of the following programs: SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, Stata, and Ms Access.
- Knowledge and experience in conducting data quality processes (DQAs).
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Prior leadership or M&E technical lead role in a similar capacity.
- Ability to mentor and teach younger M&E professionals.
- Experience working and managing people.
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Good Leadership, supervisory and influencing skills.
- Good coordination and organization skills.
- Strong client delivery focus.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Problem solving ability.
- Good business acumen.
- Diligent and quick learner
- Proactive and has the ability to assess a situation and independently take action to address it.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Fosters broad commitment to our purpose and values; inspires peers and teams to make an impact that matters.
Builds long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and influencers, and uses highly developed influencing skills to drive impact, often in complex situations.
Performance drive – Builds a high-performance culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drives outstanding client service, often through large cross-business and/or cross-border teams.
Strategic direction –
Sets & communicates strategic direction, excites people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success.
Talent development –
Manages the development of a strong pipeline of talent for current/ future success; owns and drives a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte.
Inspirational Leadership –
Leads from the front, acting as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels; promotes a strong sense of loyalty and followership and energizes others to act.
Competitive edge: Anticipates market and competitor trends to develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiate Deloitte with clients.