Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Economics jobs, Statistics jobs, Community Work jobs, Project Management jobs,
Intern, Program Implementation
- Evidence Action is seeking Interns to be attached to its Safe Water program in Western Kenya. Perfect for an energetic candidate with a passion for Evidence Action’s mission to be a world leader in scaling evidence-based and cost-effective programs to reduce the burden of poverty.
Duties and Responsibilities
Community Sensitization Meetings
- Conduct Chlorine Dispenser awareness meetings with community members through appropriate forums such as schools, chief barazas, community health meetings etc
- Refresher training to dispenser promoters and community on Dispenser usage and health benefits.
- Collect data from program water points with Chlorine Dispensers, community members, promoters etc. and submission using ODK
- Performing data checks (both hard and soft copies), back checks and providing immediate/future remedies/suggestions
- Working with data trackers at the office level in collaboration with the area coordinator and the field leads in charge
Planning Field Activities
- Work closely with the area coordinator/associate coordinator in developing weekly/ monthly work plans for community service assistants.
- Organize required logistical support such as transport, vehicle/motorbike fueling and other necessary fields tools/materials such as surveys etc.
- Other assignments as allocated by the supervisor.
- Minimum Diploma in Management, Community work (social/health), Project planning & management or equivalent.
- Computer Literacy is a requirement
- Motorcycle riding experience with a valid driving license from a recognized driving school will be an added advantage.
- The applicants should be able to communicate well in English, Kiswahili
- Should have finished school not more than a year as of the date of the advertisement.
Required Competencies and Attributes
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Passion to work in a rural community setting and willingness to use a motorcycle in the field.
- Flexible mindset and willingness to switch to other activities on short notice due to timelines and urgency
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate well within the organization and with the rural communities and local leaders.
- Proactive and ambitious to support innovation and change in a dynamic working environment
- Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast-paced work environment.
Intern, Program Data Analysis And Program Data Management
Intern Position Overview
- The interns will be members of the Delivery Unit supporting the Program Data Analysis team. The person must be systematic and loves working with big data. S/he will work closely with other MLE teams to ensure data is processed as per the standard operating procedures while adhering to set the timeline. This position will be based in Nairobi
Roles and Responsibilities
The Intern Analyst will work on the following tasks:
- Assist in QA/QC of Data and dashboard. This will include running a do-file to check the quality of data, and troubleshoot any data errors, e.g missing observations, fewer samples, outlies
- Check Completeness of Data: The intern will check if the data submitted for analysis is complete and of needed quality before it is used for analysis. He/she will liaise with the data management team to ensure all data is clean and accurate for analysis
- Consolidate previous data sets: Under the guidance of the Associate, Data analysis, the intern will develop scripts to merge and/or append previous data sets into one consolidated data collected to e analysis:
- Conduct analysis on one-off tasks: These include important but not-so-urgent analysis, such as analysis of pilots’ analysis, Water source type and baseline water quality.
- Secondary data as needed: The intern will search download and manage any secondary data that might be of interest to
- Mapping: Under the guidance of the intern will, develop maps in ArcGIS/QGIS/R to geographically represent program information.
- Excel Visual: The intern will develop an automated dashboard in Excel and other software as guided by the senior associate. The Visual will be shared with the program team to improve access and usability of data.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as Stata, R, SPSS, SAS etc.
- Strong Data management and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed
- Self-directed/self-motivating personality, with the ability to adhere to program deadlines and priorities
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Familiarity with geospatial analysis in ArcGIS/QGIS and mobile phone surveys will be an added advantage
- Intellectual flexibility and willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence
- Have a strong commitment to evidence-based practice and data management as well as analysis skills
- Be enthusiastic to develop personally and professionally as part of a growing team
- Possess a strong attention to detail and a genuine love of working with data.