Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Gender Studies jobs, Community Development Studies jobs, Social Science jobs,
Temporary GBV Officer
- Implement and monitor Gender Based Violence prevention and response activities/interventions for the urban refugee community.
- Contribute to the establishment of community-based prevention mechanism, risk mitigation strategies and support for the vulnerable persons of concern including survivors of GBV.
- Support the implementation of safe spaces to women and girls build peer support networks to enhance their economic and social assets.
- Contribute to the design of new ways of engaging men in ending violence against refugee women and girls.
- Support Gender-based violence survivors received at HIAS offices and identified in the refugee community through the provision of survivor centered case management services to respond to the needs of clients, provide them information and resources to access services and make appropriate referrals to other service providers if required.
- Conduct timely Follow up on referrals and action plans, and support services provided to GBV survivors, ensuring that the survivors receive the assistance recommended.
- Support qualitative assessments through Focus Groups Discussions/ Tango talks to better understand the risks of GBV and map out service support structure for GBV survivors,
- Engage with the refugees’ community representatives to understand needs and gaps in Gender-based violence programming with a priority focus on the voices and leadership of survivors.
- Participate in capacity building initiatives for staff, partners and other stakeholders to create awareness, ensure quality and comprehensive delivery of project activities.
- Closely work with GBV Associates, community outreach workers to ensure that best practices on GBV are respected and the international standards are met in responding and preventing GBV.
- Plan, attend and facilitate monthly meetings with community leaders, support groups and other stakeholders on GBV Prevention and Response
- Ensure community members are mobilized to participate in anti-GBV activities and awareness campaigns.
- Organize, attend, and/or facilitate workshops and Training of Trainers sessions for community workers, support groups and agency workers.
- Contribute in the development of project proposals, concept notes for the GBV department.
- Participate in research on good programming practices on GBV prevention and response issues.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance/update of GBVIMS (Gender Based Violence Information Management System) and preparation of qualitative reports on GBV Program
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender Studies, Community Development Studies, Social Science and/or other related fields of study
- Minimum of 2 years previous job experience related to GBV response.
- MUST have in-depth knowledge and experience in Refugee Protection
- Demonstrated experience working directly with refugees who are survivors of GBV
- MUST have an in-depth technical expertise on Gender Based Violence related issues, response and prevention and a demonstrated understanding of a survivor-centered approach. .
- MUST have experience with operationalizing GBV principles, knowledge of international humanitarian standards for GBV prevention and response.
- Experience working with GBVIMS preferred (Gender Based Violence Information Management System)
- Experience in grant writing in the humanitarian sector.
- Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office,
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge in Accountability to Affected Populations
- Knowledge in PSEA