NGO jobs, GAIN jobs, Project Management jobs,
About the Role
- The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Programme Associate to provide high level support and operational guidance to the GAIN Kenya country programme team. This role will be offered on a three (3) year fixed term contract, subject to availability of funding and will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- The Programme Associate will be actively contributing to the smooth running of the project operations and facilitating effective communication between programme, operations and management teams in the Kenya office.
- The Associate will also provide effective and efficient support to the Country Director (CD) to ensure smooth operational delivery. This includes senior level administrative, logistical and information management assistance for the CD.
Key Responsibilities include
- Consolidate and maintain up-to-date records of all the businesses supported by the different projects in GAIN Kenya.
- Follow up with the operations teams and other senior staff to ensure project approvals and payments are made on time.
- Advice and guidance focal point for all project related queries relating to administration, logistics and finance from implementing partners, service providers and Government officials.
- Manage, coordinate, and maintain calendar of the CD including appointments, meetings and travel.
- Responsible for organising internal and external meetings on behalf of the CD ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g., meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Secretarial support for meetings by the CD including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing key documentation and minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments. Writing and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Responsible for the procurement of service contractors in close collaboration with project managers; including the drafting of RFPs and assessment of incoming proposals.
- Responsible for the preparation and formatting of standard contracts and related documents (amendments and extensions), in strict compliance with the standard contracting process.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in project operations management providing administrative support preferably to multiple projects. Demonstrated experience providing executive support to senior staff in calendar, meetings, and logistics management. Confidentiality is required to succeed in this role.
- In addition to this, the postholder should have proven ability to draft RFPs, assess incoming proposals, and preparation/formatting of standard contracts and related documents. Soft skills are highly valued in this role and as such will be required of the successful candidate.
- The postholder should be highly flexible, with strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including a proven ability to communicate diverse and disparate information and messaging in simple and concise formats. An education background in bachelor’s degree level in business administration, international relations, communication or other related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.