Media, Advertising, Branding, Human Resources , HR,
Re-advertisement – Regional External Relations and Strategic Communications Director
This role will exist to strengthen Plan’s impact through more effective strategic partnerships, greater influence and more grant resources. While centred on strengthening external relations at above-country level, this role will also lead the following portfolio in the regional hub management team.
- Strategic Partnership and civil society engagement.
- Profiling of Plan among donors; driving identification of potential grant opportunities with new donors, expanding portfolio with existing donors and identifying multi-country funding opportunities.
- Overseeing the Communications function in the region (technical support on communications can come through the matrix management at the global hub
- RHMT lead on the “Locally led, globally connected” strategic agenda, though country specific activity will be led by the DSR
The position holder provides strategic and technical leadership and oversight to Plan MEESA’s External relations, Media and Communications work in the region. S/he champions the regional priorities in our strategic partnerships and engagement with actors and stakeholders at the regional level. S/he collaborates with the Global Engagement, Partnerships and Communications functions, drive MEESA priorities effectively support our goals. S/he supports capacity development and quality assurance measures for communication staff in MEESA and represents Plan MEESA in Plan’s global relevant networking fora.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of current issues and trends, in both the development and humanitarian sectors in the region of MEESA and beyond.
- Masters level required in one of the following fields: communication and Public Relations, international development and political sciences
- Demonstrated working knowledge of regional stakeholders and actors, such as national Governments, inter-governmental institutions, civil society and UN agencies, media and journalists
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience of working as a manager with supervisory capacity and budget responsibility
- Proven experience to develop and implement strategic partnerships leading to business development and communication and media strategies
- Excellent understanding of child rights and gender equality as pre-conditions and ingredients for sustainable development.
- Exceptional conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Business development skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with colleagues at long distances
- Excellence in written and spoken English
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and public speaking in front of high-level audiences
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Working knowledge of Portuguese or Arabic desirable.
Temporary HR Officer- Shared Services Centre
ABOUT THE ROLE
The SSC HR Officer will act as the key HRIS system administrator, ensuring that data in the system and staff files are accurate and up-to-date. S/he will also be responsible for employee benefits administration, payroll and out of payroll staff payments as well as other administrative support to deliver the related transactional HR Services for SSC.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications/ experience essential:
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field with a Higher Diploma in HR Management.
- Membership with IHRM.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the HR field.
- Conversant with HR online systems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to negotiate, all levels of the Regional office and outside of line management relationships.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and networks quickly at every level within the Regional office.
- Listening, coaching and counselling skills.
- Ability to support and manage change effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Role model our values and behaviors both internally and externally.
- Engages sensitively with community members on issues of gender equality and inclusion, demonstrating an understanding of the local culture and context.
- Promotes equality, including gender equality, inclusion and girls’ empowerment in Plan’s work and in its work with partners
- Apply participatory influencing methodologies both internally and externally
- The ability to build collaborative working relationships
- Ability to influence
- Uses creativity to challenge the norm and promote innovation and thinks and acts for the wider organization – linking partnership opportunities with the context of the wider organizational strategy
- Communicates effectively at a high level and with a range of appropriate styles for different audiences
- Builds capability through knowledge sharing, networking, mentoring, coaching and advocates the importance of knowledge management
- Courageous in taking a lead, focussed on Plan International’s purpose and making the most effective contribution within their own work context.
- Behaves in line with Plan International values and safeguarding practices, inside and outside work.
- Challenges own attitudes, unconscious bias and behaviour and speaks up when they see wrong doing, especially by those who use their power over others to create fear or abuse.
- Understand and adhere to the policies, processes, practices and standards relevant to own work and keeps their knowledge and skills up to date.
- Honest and efficient in use of resources, including own time.
- Takes responsibility for own performance and development: reflecting; seeking and listening to feedback; learning from mistakes; finding people or resources to help them learn.
- Constructive and optimistic in facing setbacks, challenges and change, using own initiative to analyse issues and improve things.
- Good team player, communicating effectively and being open and supportive towards those around them.
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Knows the resources required for their role. Manages their own workload, avoiding under or overcommitting to delivery activities.
- Works according to principles of data protection.
- Understands how information is used for reporting and decisions making.
- Understands their responsibilities, level of decision making and how their role contributes to the wider team.
- Works in accordance to the policies and procedures relevant to their role and responsibilities.
- Applies the Code of Conduct principles to their work activities.
- Understands their responsibility to manage legal and reputational risk relevant to their role.
- Gender, equality and inclusion: Understands and can identify the causes of gender discrimination, exclusion and inequality.