Human Resource Management jobs, Banking jobs,
Senior Human Resource Operations Officer
The role holder will be responsible for providing support in the various Human Capital functions, which include HR Operations, Designing and development of policies, Training & Development, Ensuring HR compliance with all company policies and relevant legislation, HR planning and Budgeting and Performance Management.
Training and Development
- Identify training and development needs within Kingdom Bank through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with departmental Heads and Head of human resources.
- Develop training and development programs and objectives, and budget for the Bank.
- Administer spending against the departmental budget.
- Obtain and /or develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of media.
- Plan and assess the ‘return on investment’ of any training or development programs.
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers.
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met.
- Evaluate training and development programs.
- Ensuring that data is protected.
- Classifying and indexing records
- Destroying or archiving finished data/records
- Ensuring that records are easily accessible when needed.
- Developing record distribution and storage policies.
- Potentially overseeing the transition from paper to electronic management systems.
- Review/monitor the risk management decisions.
- Carry out quarterly risk assessment for the departments.
Labor Law Compliance
Ensure that the organization: –
- Contacts proper Education and Training about compliance regulations.
- Creates an Employee Handbook and Updates it Regularly.
- Conducts Scheduled HR Compliance Audits.
- Upholds workplace safety requirements as defined by the Occupational Safety and Health Association and keeping up with the various worker safety legislative changes.
- Operates within the law and meets current regulatory standards.
- Promotes compliance culture.
- Is conversant to current regulatory and compliance changes.
- Specifying preferred outcomes, called goal setting, for the employees.
- Weight, or prioritize the employee’s desired outcomes in numeric ranking form from 1-5 or percentage level of time spent in work.
- Identifying first-level measures by considering most reliable, valid, practical measurements to evaluate the accomplishment of employee’s desired outcomes.
- Identifying standards for evaluating the achieved outcomes in terms of below expectations, exceeds expectations, and meets expectations.
- Documenting a performance plan that includes measures, desired outcomes, and standards.
- Conducting ongoing measurements and observations to track an employee performance exchanging ongoing feedback on performance to them.
- Conducting a performance appraisal or performance review and reward for performance if an employee meets the desired performance level.
- Developing or updating performance development or improvement plan to handle the performance gap if an employee does not meet the required performance level.
Occupational Health and Safety
- Making worker safety and health a core organizational value.
- Eliminating hazards, protecting workers, and continuously improving workplace safety and health.
- Providing sufficient resources to implement and maintain the safety and health program.
- Visibly demonstrate and communicate employee safety and health commitment to workers and others.
Human Resource Planning & Budgeting
- Forecasting of Manpower requirements.
- Controlling/Monitoring the Policies for ensuring that the right kind of people in right numbers, are selected for the right position and in right time.
- Driving the annual planning and the annual budgeting process for HR Department, and throughout the year monitoring actual Versus budget performance monthly.
- Acting as a Project Management Officer for HR Department
- Looking for ways to increase the efficiency and performance in HR Department
- Custodian of HR Department calendar
- Talent Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (Must)
- CHRP(K) or ongoing
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a HR Officer in Banking / Microfinance industry
- Must be a member of a HR professional body.
- Experience in recruitment and selection, Employee relationships, Payroll Administration, will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in use of MS office tools.