Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Banking jobs, Credit Management jobs, Business Administration jobs, Debt Collection jobs,
Oversee the growth of the Society’s loan portfolio while ensuring quality and health of the loan book is maintained.
- Putting in place and implementing effective credit management, monitoring, collection and recovery strategies.
- Champion development and review of loan products.
- Generate loan reports to the CEO for presentation to the board.
- Identifying, assessing, and evaluating risk areas in recovery and making appropriate recommendations.
- Manage delinquent accounts to ensure that the Sacco complies with regulatory requirements.
- Implement and maintain a suitable credit management information system
- Manage the daily operations of the credit department in an efficient and effective manner.
- Develop, review and implement the Sacco’s credit policy.
- Ensure proper security perfection, documentation and custody.
- Ensure loan applications are reviewed and approved in line with the credit policy and the service charter.
- Ensure timely disbursement of approved loans in liaison with finance department
- Preforming other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Banking, credit management or any other related.
- Professional qualifications in Credit Management (Certified Credit Professional)
- Diploma in cooperative management is an added advantage,
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in credit administration or loan management gained from working at management level in a financial institution
- 30 years of age and above
- Orientation towards risk management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiation skills
- Be of exemplary integrity and honesty
- Financial analysis skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be decisive and possess quick judgment skills.
The position will have the overall responsibility to manage the Sacco’s Internal Audit function, providing an independent and objective appraisal of Sacco’s financial, operational, and internal control activities
- Supervises the entire SACCO operations, activities and departments.
- Develop, implement and review audit function policies and procedures of the Society;
- Prepare and implement annual work plans for the audit department and operations for the entire SACCO.
- Review the adequacy, design and effectiveness of the internal control systems.
- Review the economic efficiency and effectiveness in the utilization of the Society resources, procedures and policies.
- Monitors whether shares, loan repayments and interest are properly posted in the statement cards.
- Ensure that the loans of the society are properly documented and the necessary steps were followed in awarding the loans.
- Examine cheques and other instruments from accounts office for accuracy and correctness.
- Audit the bank reconciliation statement and financial flow documents.
- Reviewing the means of safeguarding assets personnel and documentation and, as appropriate , verifying the existence of assets;
- Reviewing the operational systems established to ensure compliance with Sacco strategies policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Carry out periodic procedural and stock reviews and make reports to the Board of Directors.
- Undertaking regular transaction and systems review.
- Evaluate and assess risk management control and governance;
- Ensure accountable records are accurate including purchases and payments;
- Identify any accounting errors, cases of fraud and initiating investigations;
- Prepare and submit audit reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the Audit Committee of the Board;
- Ensuring the financial statements of the Society have been prepared in accordance with IFRS, IAS and the Sacco Societies Act.
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings and making recommendations for improving cost efficiencies.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- A Business related/Bachelor degree in business administration/management (management principles and practice option) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- CPA(K) or similar qualification from recognized professional bodies
- Be registered with ICPAK
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- High coordination and control skills
- Ability to integrate Sacco programs
- Professional and ethical but firm in discharging duties
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills and proficient in Microsoft Dynamics.
- High levels of honesty and integrity.
- High degree of ethics.
Debt Recovery Officer
- To ensure that all approved and disbursed loans are fully repaid as per the agreed terms and conditions to prevent loss to the society due to non-repayment.
- To manage non-performing loans to preserve capital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring society’s portfolio at risk and ensuring a performing loan book
- Ensuring timely preparation and release of demand notices to members whose loans are overdue.
- Aggressively follow up on non-performing loans
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly reports on debt recovery
- Managing all the securities registers and monitor the status of available securities.
- Discharging securities where respective members have cleared their loans as per laid down procedures.
- Extracting, confirming and transmitting CRB information to licensed Credit Reference Bureaus.
- Manage storage and sale of repossessed collaterals
- Assigning members’ loan accounts in default to debt collectors.
- Liaise and monitor the execution of the recovery exercise by the third parties involved including auctioneers, lawyers and debt collectors
- Responding to members’ queries and complaints.
- Undertaking field visits for recovery activities
- Champion credit information sharing as may be required
- Follow up legal cases where recovery action is challenged in court
- Monitor and regulate the debt collection costs within the approved limits
- Ensure the recovery exercise fully complies with the statutory regulations and guidelines;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or any business-related field.
- Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage
- A member in good standing of a relevant professional body.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in debt collection within the financial service industry
Knowledge and Attributes
- 28 Years of age and above.
- Fully conversant with lending in the Kenyan business environment
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience in working with targets and strict deadlines.
- Good planning, analytical and monitoring skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications.