Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Finance Jobs, Data Management Jobs, Counseling Jobs, Nursing Jobs,
Duties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be responsible for –
- Preparation of sub recipient Monthly Invoice and Expenditure reports.
- Preparation of Financial reports and ascertaining supporting documents for compliance with GAAPs, CFR and Donor Policies.
- Maintaining books of accounts, financial records and implementing policies and procedures for assigned donors.
- Monitoring expenditure and performance indicators for sub recipient against approved budget activities.
- Preforming Human resources management and payroll processing.
- Conduct financial site visits and document/report findings and recommendations
- Support both internal and external A-133 Audit and Business System Analysis.
- Performing other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Finance option), Business Management or Finance, Economics, Business Administration Plus Certified Public Accountant (CPA) K or Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- Minimum of three years’ experience from a donor funded project.
- Knowledge of USG rules and regulations for donor funded projects.
- Demonstrate high understanding of finance and accounting policies and procedures.
- High level of integrity
- Computer proficiency with a good grasp of MS office
- Knowledge of Quick books QB is mandatory.
Facility Data Clerk will be fully responsible for patient health records and patient information management in the health facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support mmanagement of patient filing system at health facility, this will include day-to-day retrieval of patient charts, archival and safe storage of files and registers in all service delivery points.
- Monitor to ensure complete documentation of patient files and registers including filling of page summaries in all facility registers.
- Routine data updating of patient information from files, registers and other reporting tools to EMR.
- Data entry and updating of patient information from data capture and recoding tools to EMR.
- Conduct routine data quality audit of facility records, all patient beneficiary records and registers.
- Compile and ensure timely submission of facility monthly MOH reports (MoH 731, MoH 731 Plus, and KPIF as well as Program reports.
- Timely and correctly, upload all appropriate facility data into KHIS, 3PM, National Data Ware House and other databases as may be required by the program and MoH.
- Conduct timely facility level data analysis and implement DDIU strategies for improved data use.
- Disseminate reports on a monthly, quarterly and on need basis to the facility multi-disciplinary team.
- Monthly update of ALL facility-talking wall charts for facility progress review.
Compile monthly MoH 731/ 731-Plus and PEPFAR/DATIM/3PM HIV-related reports
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- College Diploma with a specialization in Health Records and Information
- Computer proficiency particularly with the MS-Office suite
- A good understanding of health data management
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in a health facility supporting HIV programs.
- Knowledge on KP SI systems is an added advantage
HTS Counsellors ( 2 Positions)
Reporting to the facility in-charge, the HTS provider provides HIV Counselling and testing services to all individuals at facility and community level and support successful linkage of HIV-infected individuals in HIV care services
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide HIV counselling and testing services as per Kenya HTS national guidelines.
- Provide assisted partner notification services for all index clients.
- Provide health education to clients as a strategy to increase demand for HIV testing services.
- Optimize testing for all eligible clients at facility level and ensure testing efficiency.
- Provide counselling services addressing HIV prevention including risk reduction interventions and behavior change, use of ART for HIV prevention, etc.
- Conduct risk screening for HTS clients, provide prevention services for the HIV negative clients including PrEP, and distribute condoms and lubricant at facility and community.
- Ensure confirmed linkage (target of 95%) of HIV positive clients.
- Conduct defaulter tracing of pre-enrollment clients not linked to care in supported facilities.
- Assess and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.
- Compile and submit monthly HTS reports.
- Initiate and conduct posttest clubs and support groups.
- Participate in the site HTS QA/QC processes i.e., proficiency testing, direct observed practice sessions, support supervision.
- Conduct CQI activities to improve gaps identified based on data.
- Certificate in HTC Counselling (NASCOP Certified)
- Training in Assisted Partner Notification Services (aPNS)
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology, Social work, Community health, Public Health or any other health related course.
- Two (2) years’ experience in HIV counselling and testing
Registered Nurse (2 Positions)
Reporting to the facility in-charge, the nurse will oversee the implementation of HIV care activities in the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) services integration in the health facility assigned.
- Support ANC, PNC, and Maternity HIV testing services.
- Ensure ART uptake among HIV infected pregnant/lactating women.
- Ensure viral suppression among PMTCT women.
- Oversee the provision of early infant diagnosis, care and follow-up of HIV-exposed infants.
- Ensure follow-up and retention of HIV-infected pregnant/lactating women and HIV-exposed infants (HEI) by use of the case management model.
- Strengthen linkages between PMTCT and HEI services and Comprehensive Care Clinics.
- Strengthen facility-community/community-facility linkages with the help of CHVs and case managers.
- Supervise eMTCT services provided by the maternal case managers.
- Work hand in hand with the clinical officers to implement patients Plan of Care.
- Perform TB intensified case finding for PLHIV on every clinical encounter.
- Initiate TB Preventive Therapy (TPT) for the eligible PLHIV
- Ensure 12 month/24 month HEI Cohort Analysis (HCA), PCR positive validation, and audits and PMTCT reports are done each month.
- Participate in MNCH Working Improvement Teams (WITS) and initiate CQI projects on gaps identified.
- Participate in MNCH in generation, compilation, and utilization of PMTCT data.
- Participate in Continous Professional development as required by nursing council.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by the organization.
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- NASCOP Certification in Provision of both adult and pediatric ART, and PMCT is an added advantage
- Two (2) years’ experience, 1 year of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of PMTCT services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and PMTCT service delivery.
Method of Application
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 16th May 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title on the subject line.The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.