Win 100% Scholarship Get UN and NGO Jobs
5 lucky winners. Join NOW for Free
Find details here
Psychology jobs,Clinical Psychology jobs,Nursing jobs,Clinical officer jobs,
Medical Coordinator Support
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of MSF protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow-up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, Leave planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of MSF personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
Context Specific Accountabilities
- Responsible for the active surveillance and monitoring of dieases of epidemic potential in the OCG Yalta and project locations and engage in follow up with MOH .
- Is the focal person in Eprep repsonse in colloboration with the Medco and Dmedco and also has an active role in Exploratory Mission and responses .
- Participates in the training needs of the projects and supports the field teams in planning and implementing the trainings according to the needs assessments.
- Organize and plan departmental meeting in collaboration with Medco/DMedco
- Carry out staff health briefing for the international staff and periodically update and assess health facilities . Follow up of staff Health for international and national staff . For national staff is the focal point for all medical insurance related topics .
- Ensures that all the operational research activities for the medical department are well followed up .
- Provide technical support to the projects on special areas such as NCD/HIV/HIM and Quality of Care implementer when necessary .
- Is the Mission focal person for MSF-Pead eCARE.
- Essential: Medical Doctor Degree or Diploma in Medical Courses e.g. Nurse or Clinical officer
- Essential: Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health
- Experience working in a developing country
- Emergency experience
- Minimum 2 years experience
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)
- Essential: Excellent command of English and Swahili.
- Desirable: Somali Language
- Essential: Computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People management& development, commitment to MSF principles, behaviour flexibility, results and quality orientation and Teamwork.
- Clean bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and other rooms in MSF houses & Office.
- Do the laundry iron clothes and other housekeeping activities.
- Support the cook (washing up, cleaning the kitchen, etc.).
- Sweep and mop the floors.
- Restock supplies (toilet paper, soap, etc.) as required.
- Upon arrival, prepare hot water for tea/coffee and refill drinking water.
- Check that the toilets are well stocked with paper, soap and condoms.
- Check that the water supply (kitchen, showers, etc.) is sufficient during water cuts.
- Keep premises properly locked (doors, windows).
- Comply with the health and safety rules applicable to the site
- Event and meeting set up assistance
- Manage daily food and beverage office delivery supplies
- Advise the line manager on any damages or repairs needed in the office.
- Perform daily rotational cleaning duties (e.g. dusting, mopping, trash disposal etc.)
- Perform daily rotational cleaning duties (e.g. dusting, steaming etc.)
- Water indoor plants
- Ensure security of the apartment by letting in only authorised persons
- Perform monthly cleaning of apartment curtains, blankets and seat covers
- Replenish guestroom facilities prior to arrival of guest (e.g. towels, beddings etc.)
- Advise the line manager on any damages or repairs needed in the apartments.
- Supervision of children when applicable (e.g. light meal preparation, reporting injuries to guardian).
- Form 4 certificate /Housekeeping Certificate.
- Experience in Housekeeping/Cleaner
- English & Swahili
- Commitment,flexibility,stress management,results,teamwork & Service
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behavior during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Bachelor’s in psychology or Clinical Psychology
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Psychologist
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Working experience with AYKPs and youth groups is a plus
- Mission language essential. Local language desirable
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3