Are you still using the OLD and OUTDATED CV format?
CV Format UPDATES for the year 2022 REVEALED
Find details here
NGO jobs, Management jobs, Social Sciences jobs, Finance jobs, Administration jobs,
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the DCF, strategizes, implements, and monitors a comprehensive fundraising plan to develop and expand philanthropic support from a variety of sources.
- Cultivates and strengthens existing donor relationships with individuals and actively pursues prospects by using multiple cultivation techniques including one-on-one meetings, events, and other fundraising touchpoints
- Demonstrates and fosters respectful donor cultivation and stewardship within the team and the organization
- Research maintains and develops a regional and local list of individuals, foundations, and corporate prospects in the region.
- Identifies and develops relationships with corporate entities that adhere to the parameters of the MSF EA corporate gift acceptance policy
- In tandem with the Communications team, manages the grant funding process including the application and drafting of proposals and all necessary follow up
- In collaboration with the DCF, develops strong relationships within the fundraising and business communities to increase visibility of MSF and to foster financial support and networking potential
- Manages the day to day work of the engagement officer
- Collaborates with the engagement officer in organizing events that will raise the visibility of and financial support to MSF EA
- Under the guidance of the DCF, ensures consistency of messaging in all fundraising communications. Takes the lead in preparing fundraising content and materials to ensure that they are accurate and reflect MSF’s values and principles and that all communications with donors reflect the unique and independent voice of MSF, with final oversight going to the DCF
- Supports the DCF in identifying and selecting members of a fundraising advisory group which will serve as a networking vehicle for high level donor giving.
- Identifies donors and prospects for cultivation and stewardship by the General Director of MSF EA. Provides support for these efforts including thorough briefings prior to contact, scheduling logistics, and all necessary follow up
- Ensures that all donors are thanked for donations within a 3-day timeframe by the appropriate MSF representative
- Designs strategy for retention of donors which could include scheduled cultivation and solicitation activities
- Creates a “moves management” cycle for donors and supporters of high capacity
- Effectively represents and articulates the work of MSF presenting a compelling case for support of the organisation.
- Primary point of contact for funding, donations and fundraising event inquiries
- Maintains a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding received with the assistance of the engagement officer
- Participates in the MSF community working groups and shares lessons learned to the MSF EA and global fundraising team
- Provides regular reports on the work of the FR team and oversees the team´s budget
- Remains current on the fundraising market landscape in the region.
Qualifications & competencies Required
- A Bachelors degree and/or studies in social sciences, finance, administration or a relevant discipline.
- 3+ years working in a customer service/relationship management environment
- Analytical skills and experience in creating and tracking budgets
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate in person and in writing to people from various backgrounds and experiences
- Ability to inspire trust and confidence in current donors and supporters
- High level of discretion and an ethical approach to fundraising
- Initiative and independence combined with the ability to work well as part of a team
- A commitment to MSF’s mission and values.
(NOTE: Get a 6 Figure Salary Even Without a Degree or Masters working with NGOs and the UN. Get More Details Here.)