Head of Risk
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Risk to join Plan International’s Governance and Executive department. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead on embedding strong risk management culture on a global scale and to play a key role in decision making and influencing at a senior level.
A priority focus for the department is supporting greater global management coherence and excellence across the global organisation. To address this, the Risk & Insurance team is dedicated to driving an enterprise risk management culture and providing a quality and seamless experience to our key stakeholders.
This post will drive a transparent, accountable and risk aware culture which supports risk-based decision making to improve our organisational risk maturity. The post holder will deliver a strategy for strengthening risk management across the global organisation including optimising our approach to risk transfer through the procurement of insurance.
This post advises management on the transfer of risk through insurance and manages the global risk portfolio so that it delivers the benefits management, and the Board are seeking, is cost effective and meets or exceeds legal requirements and standards of good governance and insurance management within the sector.
The post holder is responsible for decision making in relation to both strategic and operational risk management and reporting including advising management on global risk remediation plan and the procurement of a global insurance programme.
The post holder is responsible for managing a budget of approximately $900K and delivering risk and insurance services through direct line management of a team of three staff.
- Experience in risk management, insurance or audit in an international organisation, acting as the subject matter expert on enterprise risk management and global insurance
- Experience providing risk management advice internationally on a diverse range of issues.
- Understanding of the risk and insurance issues affecting international organisations.
- Experience providing support to senior governance bodies and senior executive leadership across various country and cultural contexts
- The ability to manage complexity with a high degree of coherence and clarity
- Comfort taking accountability for a wide range of strategic and operational decisions
- Skills and creativity to solve complex problems across an organisation
- Influencing and relationship building skillsy
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- The ability to develop efficient and effective risk, compliance or governance systems and processes that are user-friendly and fit for purpose
- Strong drafting skills and powers of analysis with excellent attention to detail including when under pressure.
- Highly effective prioritisation
- Effective leadership skills.