Clinical Medicine jobs, Nursing jobs, Public Health jobs,
Continuous Quality Improvement Lead
The Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Lead will collaborate with the county and subcounty Health Management Teams, to integrate quality improvement principles and practices in all aspects of health programming in adherence to the Kenya Quality Model for Health (KQMH) and Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework (KHQIF) for improved health service delivery. The CQI Specialist will establish/strengthen quality improvement teams functions at county, subcounty and facility level
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the establishment of strong quality improvement teams at all levels in the counties including strong county QI technical working groups
- Provide mentorship and capacity building to county and sub county QI focal leads enhancing their capacities to support strong facility QI teams through training on KQMH and KHQIF
- Review QI activities as reported by the county and sub-county teams routinely and provide technical support on CQI models for health care delivery improvement including use of Plan Do Study and Act improvement methods
- Coordinate documentation of QI projects for dissemination and sharing of best practices
- Mentor facility CQI teams to build local capacity on CQI activities together in collaboration with sub county and county QI lead
- Assist the facility CQI teams to abstract data after every improvement cycle to analyze the findings and recommend subsequent measures necessary to achieve set objectives.
- Translate the project-supported package of service delivery interventions into service-level standards or operating procedures consistent with national guidelines and policies
- Review, analysis and assess service delivery data and reports for compliance with set quality standards
- Identify quality areas in need of performance improvement and support the implementation of the models for change
- Review of monthly/quarterly reports from supported health facilities and sites and providing immediate technical guidance and recommendations related to tracked indicators and outcomes.
- Participate in the dissemination of best practices to county, sub county and facility teams and facilitate the facility-wide adoption of CQI practices across key service delivery interventions.
- Enhance the adoption of facility and county CQI dashboards for robust monitoring of health indicators.
- Master’s degree Epideomiology, stastistics, MPH or other relevant fields
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Medicine, Nursing or Public Health
- At least 5 years of clinical hands-on experience providing integrated HIV services to diverse patients in a large program-linked facility or very busy clinical practice.
- Training in and experience implementing quality improvement models in the health sector
- Understanding of the Kenya Quality Model for Health (KQMH) and Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework (KHQIF)
- Computer literate and competent in the use of ICT resources.
Method of Application
Kindly send your application including a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 4th October 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title “CONTINUOUS QUALITY IMPROVEMENT LEAD” in the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.