Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
NGO jobs, UN jobs, Administration jobs, Business Management jobs,
About the Role
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance to the WEE/KCO and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the WEE/KCO website.
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects, including the finalization of FACE forms.
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Process payment for consultants.
- Maintain internal expenditures control system.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations.
- Provide guidance and training to Programme Assistants as needed.
Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the KCO/WEE resource mobilization efforts.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, WEE/RO/CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance.
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances.
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for WEE/CO management and donor purposes.
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme management.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Strong financial and budgeting skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good people skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender and International Development, in Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Business or Public Administration or any other relevant degree.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience working within and in supporting a team.
- Experience in liaising with government agencies, private sector players and or donors is an asset.
- Experience in working on gender equality and women’s empowerment projects is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN system or other international organizations is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.