NGO jobs, UN jobs, Administration jobs, Business Management jobs,
About the Role
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
- Provide administrative support in the preparation of programme work plans, budgets, and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Provide technical guidance to the WEE/KCO and executing agencies on routine delivery and reporting of programme supported activities and finances.
- Prepare information for the audit of programmes/ projects and support implementation of audit recommendations.
- Review programme data from programmes/ projects for the WEE/KCO website.
- Identify sources and gather and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, speeches and position papers.
Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
- Create projects in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revise project awards and status; and determine unutilized funds and the operational and financial close of a project.
- Provide administrative support in monitoring budget preparation and the finances of programmes/projects, including the finalization of FACE forms.
- Review financial reports; prepare non-PO vouchers for development projects.
- Process payment for consultants.
- Maintain internal expenditures control system.
- Create requisitions in Atlas for development projects; register good receipts in Atlas.
- Assist in the preparation and follow up of cost-recovery bills in Atlas.
Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
- Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions;
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims;
- Prepare public information materials and briefing packets.
- Assemble briefing materials and prepare power-point and other presentations.
- Provide guidance and training to Programme Assistants as needed.
Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
- Prepare cost-sharing and other agreements; follow up on contributions within the KCO/WEE resource mobilization efforts.
- Organize, compile and process information from donors, WEE/RO/CO, and programme team, as inputs to various databases and documents.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide administrative support synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices related to programme management and finance.
- Provide administrative support to the organization of training for the office staff and partners on programme and operations related issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and accurate support to events, workshops, and missions.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Timely recording of overall programme unit finances.
- Timely and accurate tracking of data for WEE/CO management and donor purposes.
- Quality maintenance of internal systems.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of programme management.
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions.
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear and presentable formats.
- Ability to manage data, documents, correspondence and reports information and workflow.
- Strong financial and budgeting skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good people skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender and International Development, in Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Business or Public Administration or any other relevant degree.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support.
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages.
- Experience working within and in supporting a team.
- Experience in liaising with government agencies, private sector players and or donors is an asset.
- Experience in working on gender equality and women’s empowerment projects is an asset.
- Experience working in the UN system or other international organizations is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Knowledge of another UN official working language is an asset.