Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Clinical Medicine jobs, Nursing jobs, Unilever jobs,
Global Health & Wellbeing Assistant
Main job purpose
- The role holder will be responsible for all primary occupational health services that promote total physical, mental, and social wellbeing of all employees. S/he also will be required to provide support /implement initiatives on Health and Wellbeing that minimise and/or possibly eradicate any health and wellbeing risks for affected employees within all sites under his/her scope.
Interfaces with; –
- Internal – All employees (Permanent, Contract & Contractors), HR leadership, HR & Workplace team, safety & Quality team
- External – 3rd party comms agencies, Suppliers for Medicals services, materials, trainings and Contractor employees, Other Health teams in unilever markets, Industry peer expertise for benchmarks, Government Occupational Health stakeholders etc.
- Ensure provision of primary health care by treating minor injuries on site as the gatekeeper for healthcare services, including rehabilitation and disability matters
- Counselling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward community/ insurance resources and/or employee assistance programs.
- Treating injuries and minor illnesses for employees, including follow-ups and referrals
- Maintenance of accurate and up to date medical records and or reports to track employee health/illness and provide the company with the required data, in line with the employee’s right to confidentiality.
- Ensuring the Unilever site under his/her scope meets Unilever Global Health and Wellbeing standards.
- Ensure Health and wellbeing surveillance is carried out and agreed interventions implemented.
- Ensure that the site is compliant with all Occupation Health Government related legislations
- Developing and implementing health and safety programs
- Developing recurring and chronic disease prevention programs for all affected employees such as exercise, smoking cessation, nutrition programs
- Observing and assessing the work environment for potential dangers and hazards
- Overseeing and implementing emergency and disaster preparedness programs and planning
- Counselling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them toward available resources and employee assistance programs.
- Monitoring the health status of employees and ensure site lamplighter & HIV/AIDs programmes are implemented.
- Conducting research on the effects of hazardous work conditions or workplace exposure
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Must be holder of relevant qualifications in Clinical Medicine or Nursing
- Minimum 2-3 years Occupational Health experience in a Manufacturing or corporate Medical environment
- Registered with respective council with a valid certificate.
- Certification in Counselling or any relevant Occupational Health/ employee assistance Programme will be an advantage.
- Ability to effectively engage with team members of all levels and across all Functions.
- Experience or knowledge of Occupational Health emergency management
- Candidate should have exceptional communication skills and be able to have empathetic, compassionate conversations.