Clinical Jobs, ICT Support Jobs, Finance, Accounting, Audit, Statistical Jobs,
Clinical Liaison, Patient Business Services Department
The purpose of this position is mitigation of the financial risk that may arise from the outlined nature of admissions while maintaining patient care standards and safeguarding the organization’s reputation.
The job holder will be responsible for advising the Finance function on all the clinical matters that relate to patients flagged as emergency/non-transferable/ long stay cases to aid in financial decisions on the anticipated stay and medical bill. The Clinical Liaison will also work closely with clinical teams and other parties within the hospital to hold meetings with families and advise them on clinical guidelines impacting on the patient, to make informed financial decisions pertaining to the stay of the patient.
- Advise finance on risky scheduled cases prior to admission
- Provide a second medical opinion on flagged cases to finance
- Monitor non-transferable admissions with financial difficulties to determine when they become transferable
- Represent finance on the Long Stay committee comprised of the clinical leadership and finance
- Provide recommendations regarding care plans for flagged cases
- Carry out clinical resolutions to completion
- Prepare, implement, and review procedures and policies for handling flagged cases within finance while incorporating the clinical considerations
- Prepare and present periodic reports on the clinical status and care management of flagged cases
- Always ensure availability of feedback to stakeholders
- Review medical files for all cases flagged by finance to establish suitability of medical recommendations affecting discharge
- Highlight and investigate flagged cases with the potential for financial risk arising from medical recommendations, and advise finance and the long stay committee
- Update finance on progress and care plan flagged cases
- Ensure timely preparation of documents for flagged cases by respective clinicians
- Ensure accurate and timely communication between clinicians and patients regarding patient costs and clinical guidelines
- Create relationships with other hospitals in Kenya and region for ease of transfer
- Liaise with other hospitals to source appropriate beds and acceptance for flagged patients
- Arrange for transportation of flagged patients from AKUHN to receiving hospital
- Ensure handover of the transferred patient at the receiving hospital
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery or equivalent Bachelor’s degree in a clinical area
- Master’s degree in Health Management will be an added advantage
- Licence from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists’ Council or its equivalent, based on area of specialization
- Atleast 3 years of clinical experience in an acute care setting
- Experience in handling/ dealing with clinicians at all levels of seniority
- Demonstrable expert knowledge and skills in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates leadership and management skills.
- Displays professionalism in all areas of work.
- Effective communicator at both operational and interpersonal settings
Closing Date: 12/05/2023
ICT Support Engineer, EHR Meditech
Ensure that the end-user calls are timely attended to, efficiently resolved, escalated and/or closed. Multitask and provide helpdesk services, and ensure end-user calls are received, logged, assigned, followed-up and where necessary escalated to provide timely and reliable phone, physical and/or remote assistance on a wide range of user problems. Escalate calls promptly and ensure generation of Helpdesk operations Service Reports on a monthly basis or periodically as may be required by management for decision support.
- Learn all the systems, hardware, and networks that ICT support within the institution to be able to offer required support
- Offer necessary support to our clients/end-users efficiently as well as giving effective solutions to the same to prevent recurrences of similar problems. Major focus is on the support of MEDITECH system.
- Carry out routine/ continuous computer maintenance checks on hardware status, user system utilization and stabilization to ensure all equipment are always functional.
- Provide one-on-one guidance/support on queries arising from the users about the HIMS module features and any other technical queries.
- Coordinating with other support engineers to come up with proper problem analysis and find appropriate resolutions. Come up with a knowledgebase that can help ICT team to resolve user problems effectively and efficiently without having to re-invent the wheel.
- Installation of HIMS software on all end user PCs, making sure that the end user PCs are pointing to the right server for auto-updating as well as performing routine manual updates on local PCs as may be required.
- Ensure all user equipment have the right software installed, as per Institutional policies on installation of HIMS software on all end user PCs.
- Actively participate in Audio Visual support services to ensure continuity of service
- Ensuring that Hardware for end users is properly configured, software installed and upgraded.
- Document a complete inventory documentation to the helpdesk officers for filling and updating.
- Ensuring that the ICT equipment in the hospital premises are neat and cables are properly arranged.
- Ensure that equipment in ICT custody is well labelled and status of why the equipment is held in the office updated on the helpdesk
- Any other duty that may be assigned
Qualifications and skills requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology/Information Communication & Technology
- Added Advantages: MCSE/A, CISCO (CCNA), N+, A+
- Proficiency in working with MS Office – MS Excel, MS Power point and MS word
- Minimum of 1 year experience in ICT Support & ICT Helpdesk Management
- Basic Networking, hardware, and software Troubleshooting Skills
- Good Customer Care relations
- Excellent communication skills both written and Oral
- Good interpersonal Relations
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Excellent organization skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Closing Date: 04/05/2023
The Data Coordinator (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. S/he will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative & quantitative evidence gathered by the Project and provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
- Build the capacity of the Hospital clusters in the design of activities, indicators, measurements, baselines, monitoring, and evaluations.
- Plan for and provide technical support to programmes/projects in assessments, designing quarterly planning and evaluations.
- Review programmes/projects designs, quarterly and annual operational plans and proposals to ensure quality and compliance with AKU and donor standards.
- Provide DME progress and performance reports to the cluster teams for effective decision making.
- Disseminate DME guidelines, tools and standards to cluster and oversight teams.
- Develop and administer performance monitoring tools to track program indicators in line with the program implementation plan
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required
- Provide the Project Manager with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Advanced certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of national or international projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Good moderation, facilitation, and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Closing Date: 12/05/2023
Senior Accounts Clerk, Debtors Department
Reporting to the Team Leader, Corporate, the Senior Accounts Clerk will ensure that all the corporate unallocated credits are maintained at the lowest possible level of the current benchmark and prepare accurate and timely debtors reports as per the agreed timings.
- Reconcile corporate client accounts on monthly basis (two major accounts every month).
- Collect, verify and sort NHIF claims on daily basis as per NHIF requirements.
- Check all the accurate attachments are in order and stamp the claims.
- Process claims through Meditech system and enclose them on a daily basis.
- Pass on journal vouchers for write offs and collection and billing errors.
- Process all pending claims/returns for the week on every Monday & 3rd of every month for the previous month.
- Highlight all discrepancies captured while processing NHIF claims with supervisor once encountered.
- Calculate approved discounts as per accounts corporate agreements and pass Journal entry.
- Generate report after daily NHIF claim/invoice dispatch and forward downloads for main account to Team leaders on daily basis.
- Liaise with Dispatch team and team Leaders to ensure that all invoices have been dispatched and received by corporate on weekly basis.
- Ensure accurate and complete NHIF claims with accompanying attachments are dispatched in a timely manner in NHIF System
- Organize and hold meetings with Dispatch team to discuss the invoice status of respective corporate in the dispatch reports.
- Reconcile People soft accounts as regularly allocated by the Supervisor i.e., Welfare, discounts, provisions, co-pay, maternity deposits/other deposits etc.
- Maintain confidentiality and safe custody of the Internal and External clients’ documents.
- Maintain timely and accurate departmental reports.
- Participate in preparation of service audits to enable the department to achieve its quality objective.
- Maintain all the records, correspondence for NHIF claim attachments, and corporate reconciliation.
- Deal with any enquiries that may arise as per stipulated policy guidelines
- Offer prompt and satisfactory services to internal and external clients as per the established policies and procedures of the department
- Receipt allocation of cheques received from corporate and individuals
- Ensure all payments from corporate and individual clients, adjusting entries and credit notes raised are reconciled to the respective debit entries as per the remittance advice provided by the clients
- Ensure that unallocated credits schedule is updated on a timely basis
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and skills required
- Bachelor of Commerce/ CPA II or equivalent
- KCSE Mean Grade C minimum or equivalent
- A minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in a busy accounting/credit management department
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Formal training in customer care or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in and build relationships among team members.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work long hours with minimal supervision, has initiative and is proactive
- Accuracy & efficiency in handling demanding workload.
- Knowledgeable and can perform routine/non routine assignments
Closing Date: 27/04/2023
Project Nurse, Mother Child Health (MCH) Department
Reporting to the Unit Manager, the successful candidate will provide Vaccination services to hospital clients. S/he will assist in all project activities such as triaging, vaccinating, documentation, and responding to emergencies when they arise.
- Performs objective assessment for all patients who come to get vaccinated. Assessment includes measurement of vital signs, height and weight
- Triage clients appropriately
- Assesses patient and family education needs and provides appropriate teaching based on their needs
- Ensures safety of special populations such as paediatric, the elderly, psychiatric and patients with various forms of disabilities
- Demonstrate awareness of community resources available to patients and assists with referrals when necessary.
- Observes infection control practices and maintains a clean and safe work environment for staff and patients
- Maintains open communication with the patient and the multidisciplinary team in the clinics to ensure customer satisfaction
- Participates in data collection and monitoring of clinic’s quality indicators
- Is accountable for judicious and efficient use of resources
- Responsible for safe use of equipment through cleaning, storage, per shift checks of the inventory and timely reporting of nonfunctional equipment to the unit supervisor
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines for staff and patients, reporting any accidents, incidents, hazards or equipment defects in accordance with laid down policies
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies while administering the vaccinations
- Participates in unit based continuing education, quality improvement (QI) projects, Clinical Care Program Certification (CCPC), audits, spot checks and skill checks.
- Registered Nurse from a recognized School of Nursing or University
- Current licensure with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Excellent written and Verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate Critical thinking and Analytical skills
- Demonstrate proactivity and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Closing Date: 12/04/2023
Project Data Clerk
Reporting to the Chief Pharmacist, the successful candidate will provide clerical support for the project. S/he will assist in all project activities, documentation follow up, maintenance of updated project records, organize and prepare reports for stakeholder discussion to ensure efficient and effective accomplishment of all the administrative tasks in for the assigned project.
- Provide front desk customer service to public and AKU staff and ensure inquiries in relation to the project and are addressed expeditiously
- Receive and relay messages to relevant staff members/ external callers. Provide information to callers
- Maintain a filing system of records and retrieving information as and when required
- Maintain the bulletin board to ensure update of current information
- Providing periodic reports as and when required
- Ensure any Adverse event on Immunization is reported immediately using the PPB/ MoH documentation and within 24 hours
- Ensure daily tally and documentation in project tools for vaccine usage and vaccination numbers as per target
- Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent from a recognized institution
- At least 1 year work experience
- Should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Closing Date: 12/04/2023