Procurement jobs, Supply Chain jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs, SBM jobs, Banking jobs,
Officer, Credit Collections
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, the role holder will be; Responsible for handling a specific portfolio of delinquent (1-90DPD) Overdraft facilities within the Corporate, Retail and SME segments of the Bank, with the objective of putting in place and adopting appropriate strategies within policy guidelines and regulation to minimize credit losses and ensure the portfolio remains profitable in line with SBM Bank business objectives.
Operational – 55%
- Daily monitoring of allocated portfolio of delinquent term loans (1-90DPD) facilities to determine reasons for delinquency by application of sound credit judgment, collections strategy and process within pre-determined broad policy guidelines and regulation to minimize credit losses.
- Guide the banks policy by providing data that show main reason for accounts default, exposure per default reason as indicated in the in the process summary document.
- Using existing Collections reports and systems available from time to time, follow up clients within own portfolio to recover arrears.
- Undertake timely collections actions through effective communication and negotiate with customers on their overdrawn facilities while ensuring that subsequent actions on the facilities, if required, are not unduly delayed.
- Quick identification and escalation of Collections exceptions on own portfolio to reporting line that require approval or consideration of alternative recovery actions.
- Constant liaison with the business network to undertake appropriate measures on allocated Collections portfolio to offer alternative solutions for customers.
- Ensure individual performance objectives and measures are agreed with line manager.
- Efficiently maintaining an accurate diary of collections actions undertaken on own portfolio with timely follow-up of due actions.
- Ensure upload of all actions taken onto the Debt Collection & Collateral management system – DCCM
Relationship Management – 25%
- Respond to customer complaints and queries and escalate unresolved cases for collections management review and advice.
- Advise business head of all facilities due to expire, Expire and with hardcore tendencies and follow up for closure of the same.
- Application of world class customer service standards at all times while handling customers issues, walk in customers and customer correspondences assigned on recovery related matters.
Compliance – 20%
While the role holder is expected to apply reasonable judgment to enhance maximization of value for the bank at all times , commitment to guidelines below is non-negotiable:
Compliance with the SBM Bank Loss Recognition and forbearance policies.
Compliance with Central Bank’s Prudential Guidelines and Risk Management guidelines.
Compliance with Consumer Protection Act.
Compliance with SBM Bank’s customer service standards , values and habits.
Direct Reports to this Position
Customers of this Position
- All the deparments in the Bank.
Knowledge; Skills and Experience required for this Role
- 2 years’ experience in a debt recovery function
- University degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Excellent Communication and Negotiation skills
Competencies Required for this Role
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Communication skills ( written and verbal)
- Inter-personal skills
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- Spreadsheets/Database Skills
- Planning and personal organization
- Problem solving skills
- Service excellence
- Operational excellence
- Customer handing techniques
- To manage and deliver effective procurement and purchasing services to all areas of the business whilst establishing best practice procurement and purchasing systems and procedures.The role holder will enhance purchasing processes and align the procurement function with the organizational strategy in supporting the Bank’s operations and mission. In addition, role holder will ensure that best total value is achieved when procuring goods and services whilst adhering to the principles of good corporate governance.
Technical Aspects – 70%
- Rationalizing organization resources to maximize use and reduce spend.
- Receiving and reviewing requisitions from users to confirm that specifications are clear.
- Supplier audit/appraisal and relationship management.
- Purchase goods and services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization
- Negotiate for better contractual terms of supply, contracts and leased assets.
- Completion and Issuance of Local Purchase Orders, Award Letters & Contracts
- Monitoring deliveries from suppliers to ensure conformity to specifications.
- Tender preparation, invitation and analysis.
Business Aspects – 20%
- Ensure proper filing of records (tenders, committee memos, minutes) & other correspondences in the unit.
- Carry out evaluation on requirements from users before committing purchases and ensuring that services are provided within the Service Level Agreement.
- Liaising with users from time to time to ensure efficient flow of supplies and services
- Handle supply related disputes on matters of poor quality, short delivery, late delivery and payment.
Planning & Control – 10%
- Monitoring and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Monitor purchases of capital/recurrent expenditure against budget
- Monitoring changes in the supply market and periodic conduct market intelligence surveys.
- Carry out market research on product development and better sources of supply to ensure the bank maintains a competitive edge.
- Develop proposals for improved procurement and purchasing procedures.
- Team player
- Results Oriented
- Business awareness
- Effective Communication – verbal and written
- Self-drive with ability to work with minimum supervision
- High level of Integrity
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Innovative Skills
- Excellent Negotiation Skills
- Analytical and Presentation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Financial skills
- Knowledge of basic contract laws
- In-depth knowledge of procurement and purchasing procedures
- Knowledge of Bank’s products/services
Professional & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business and/or related field.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or Advanced Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies.
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- Previous experience in a procurement working environment.
- Purchasing and Supply Principles
- Inventory Control
Mental Demands/Judgment and Initiative:
- Jobholder will be required to assess/analyze procurement and purchase requirements and make recommendations/proposals to the departmental head.
- Will be involved in frequent price and SLA negotiations with suppliers for the benefit of the Bank.
- Will be required to keep abreast with price and quality market changes and will be required to make contributions towards cost and quality management.
Effort and Environment:
- Working on screens for more than 4 hours a day.
- Manual/Physical in supervising receiving & distributing items as and when required.
- The job holder will be required to assess/analyze purchase requirements and make recommendations to the unit head.
- Will be involved in frequent price negotiations with suppliers to ensure best value for money.
- Will be required to keep abreast with price and quality market changes and will be required to make contributions towards cost cutting and quality management.