Visual UI Designer
What will your day look like
- We create world-renowned software, impacting the lives of millions of engineers, enterprises, entrepreneurs and consumers every day. Our design team works in a multi-disciplinary environment with visual designers, UX designers, front-end and back-end engineers to bring exciting web projects to life. We help and learn from each other and constantly strive to improve our work and processes.
- Product Designers at Canonical have a vital role in the success of Ubuntu, our partners, customers and the larger Ubuntu community. Clear, stylish presentation that aids the user experience of our products is how we raise the bar and reach the widest audience. Real content and information will be at the core of the designs you produce. You know the ins and outs of typography, colour and layout, and you care deeply about usability, accessibility and web standards. You should have agency, company or freelance design experience.
Read more about the design team
What we are looking for in you
- Excellent academic results at school and university
- Bachelor’s or equivalent in Art /Design
- Exceptional design talent with experience in branding, including visual identities, brand experiences…
- Knowledge and passion for user experience, technology and design
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement – curious, flexible, scientific
- Engagement with the latest design research and innovation
- Knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, and Figma Photoshop
Regional Marketing Specialist
- The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, technology marketing and the use of technology in marketing. They prefer to work in an environment that emphasises ownership of campaigns, collaboration, learning, curiosity and a drive to continually improve oneself / the team / the organisation. They love to problem solve, get hands-on, experiment, measure and use automation to make daily life easier.
- This role reports to the EMEA and Americas regional marketing team manager.
What Your Day Will Look Like
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategy for certain industries within the Americas region
- Set relevant KPIs for lead generation, demand generation and brand awareness campaigns; monitor and improve them on a regular basis
- Build organic and paid campaigns from scratch including crafting strong messaging, and creating visual assets for emails, social media and paid ads in line with canonical’s brand look & feel
- Own webinars and regional offline events at all stages from planning to execution including holistic pre- and post-event/webinar strategies, webinar set up, streaming
- Work with the CRM Team to attract, convert, engage and communicate with new and existing audiences
- Be fully responsible for the regional budget planning and execution constantly monitoring and adjusting it accordingly
- Collaborate extensively with regional Sales teams to get their insights and implement them to the regional marketing strategy
We expect members of the Canonical marketing team to be excellent communicators who are at ease working with a complex mix of engineers, product managers, sales representatives and executives.
Read more about the marketing team
What We Are Looking For In You
- Experience in B2B marketing for enterprise IT products, SaaS experience…
- Experience working with the Americas market including the US, Canada and Latin America preferred
- Excellent academic results, with Bachelor’s or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or STEM
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation skills in English
- Hands-on mindset and ability to test various marketing assumptions attributing to scaling the most efficient ways of achieving positive marketing results
- Growth mindset – enthusiasm for challenges and work ethic with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Objectivity and openness to others’ views while continuously building a positive team spirit
- Proven ability to prioritise and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.