Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Political science jobs, Public administration jobs,NGO jobs,
Senior Associate, Policy and Government Relations
Duties and responsibilities
Organize Program Committee Meetings
- Organise meetings with stakeholders including the steering committee, management team committee, and the secretariat among other meetings.
- Attend various programme committee meetings to offer support, and take and circulate minutes.
- Follow up on committee meeting discussions and action points including signing and finalizing documents, letters and MoUs.
- Build and maintain relationships with various partners and stakeholders in the committees and keep them continuously engaged.
- Support the running of a functional NSBDP( National School-Based Deworming Program) Secretariat comprising Core Program Stakeholders to administer the program and handle program logistics.
- Support program implementation for activities requiring cross-programme and cross-stakeholder coordination and follow-up.
- Track the movement and transfers of key partner stakeholders and document the same for seamless coordination.
Program Processes and Learnings Documentation
- Document and update program processes and procedures in consultation with Program Leads and other stakeholders including preparing process documents, writing one-pagers and tracking compliance with outlined procedures.
- Prepare and maintain templates for contracts, MoUs, reports, presentations and other regular documents.
- Document quarterly Government relations, policy and partnerships progress from programme team leads.
- Prepare quarterly policy, partnerships and Government relations newsletters for internal dissemination.
- Document and archive Policy and Partnerships material including meeting minutes, programme agreements, Letters, Memorandum of Understanding etc. on Box.com.
- Ensure that team members maintain program files on Box in an ordered and synchronized way.
- Support the teams in policy, partnerships and Government relations training for effective program implementation.
Program Reporting to Partners
- Tracking partner commitments in the MOUs including work plans, budgets and milestones.
- Prepare presentations, reports, talking points and discussion briefs, and share them with relevant team members and stakeholders ahead of meetings.
- Support team leads in documenting and disseminating the quarterly partner’s progress reports.
- Visually design policy and Government relations communications material in a graphic presentation as the need may arise.
- A Bachelor’s degree in political science, public administration, government or a related field
- At least 3 years of related experience working with multiple systems in the Government and Private Sector.
- NGO ( International Development ) Experience is desirable.
Attributes and Competencies
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in forging relationships with government officials and engaging in policy decisions and partnership building
- Good graphic design skills, with demonstrated ability to generate high-quality content for various audiences.
- Ability to translate complex issues into smart and stunning visuals.
- Knowledge of policy and rules of procedure in governance spaces.
- Interest in the world of evidence-based research, program implementation and policy.
- Adaptable, self-motivated, inquisitive, and a team player who is interested in being part of a fast-paced, growing and diverse team.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to multitask and meet short deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to navigate complex personalities.
Senior Manager, Carbon Financing
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the carbon asset development in collaboration with our external partners, in countries implementing Safe Water programs.
- Collaborate with our program and monitoring and evaluation teams to execute the appropriate monitoring protocols and execute the program in a way optimized for carbon financing.
- Manage the annual carbon program implementation budget.
- Line manages the carbon financing team.
- Working with 3rd party technical contractor, interpret carbon methodologies and proactively communicate the same to internal stakeholders.
- Work with 3rd party technical contractor to lead the implementation of procedures required for the verification of country carbon clusters.
- Ensure that we provide timely and high-quality data to 3rd party technical contractor(s).
- Support with providing cost and revenue projections related to Safe Water carbon assets.
- Proactively identify, assess and communicate internally any risks with regard to carbon processes.
- Provide the context of carbon finance to evolving Safe Water operations.
- Manage the records and administration of payments for carbon assets issued for Safe Water activities.
- Advise Evidence Action leadership on evolving climate policy trends, challenges and opportunities in the carbon and climate finance landscape.
- Lead Evidence Action in the development of a strategy for new carbon programs and in its implementation.
- Support 3rd party technical contractor and Evidence Action in the development and agreement of new Emission Reduction Purchase Agreements for Safe Water carbon assets.
- Represent Evidence Action in regional and international fora for engagement and decision making on carbon markets, climate finance and climate change in general.
Partnerships and fundraising Support:
- Contribute to Safe Water partnership, fundraising, and donor reporting efforts, primarily by providing technical advice and content on carbon asset development, lessons learnt, and/or carbon milestones achieved.
This job is based in the Evidence Action office in Nairobi, Kenya. Up to 50% of the time may be spent working from the field offices in Safe Water program countries of operation.
Professional Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with strong Management skill.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Should be an effective communicator verbally as well as through writing skills.
- Adept project manager to keep a large number of stakeholders engaged and on target.
- Experience developing projects and programs for the carbon markets.
- Experience working in the water sector desirable.
- Work experience in managing a cross-cultural team in East Africa.
- Experience building robust partnerships with governments and NGO’s.
- Experience influencing relevant stakeholders and working through others in a matrixed organizational environment.
- A critical, analytical, and process-oriented thinker with a willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently and under pressure.
- Highly developed organizational skills.