Economics jobs, Financial Management jobs, Accounting jobs, Grant Management jobs,
Funds Management Lead
Under the guidance of RISA’s Team Leader, this person will be responsible for the following duties:
- Under the direction of the Team Leader and Project Director, ensures full compliance with all applicable FCDO and Chemonics policies, practices and procedures for the RISA programme, including fund solicitation and selection procedures, fund awards, implementation, and close-out.
- Provides FCDO and Chemonics award-making policy guidance and interpretation for both RISA downstream partners and staff involved in funds management.
- Responsible for the updating and revising of RISA’s grants manual and templates throughout the life of the programme. Ensures grant manual procedures are followed and correct templates are consistently used.
- Leads the development, implementation and administration of RISA Fund award policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensures effective liaison between RISA staff – including technical advisors, finance and country technical leads — and downstream partners.
- Supports Team Leader, PMU, and MEL team in measuring, tracking and reporting on Value for Money across the entire Fund.
- In collaboration with the Team Leader and Finance Manager, provides training and ongoing coaching to country technical leads on award-level financial management.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Analyses and evaluates for compliance RISA Fund concepts, proposals and agreement/award documents to ensure adherence to established funds management policies and best practices, ensuring that technical inputs from FCDO and RISA country technical leads are in the final award agreements and supporting documents.
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for agreements/awards under the RISA fund, and review and analyse budget estimates. Reviews and approves draft budgets.
- Leads grantee capacity assessments using a due diligence form and leads in grant kick-off meetings to serve as a resource for any questions related to grant administration and compliance.
- Reviews and recommends approval by Team Leader on grant packages and payment requests for compliance with Chemonics’ procedures and client regulations.
- Monitors grant disbursements and payment schedules, liaising closely with the RISA country technical leads who will be trained on how to conduct preliminary reviews, and with the Finance Manager to make grant payments in a timely and compliant manner.
- Work closely with Finance Manager to monitor overall grantee compliance with financial management and award agreement obligations as stipulated in the grant agreement.
- Maintain proper and complete documentation of funds management files and award files, including grants procurement and solicitation, grant cycle implementation and management, and closing in accordance with RISA’s grant file checklist.
The qualifications for the Funds Management Lead include:
- Degree or relevant professional experience in international development, economics, or similar field;
- Experience working with FCDO or any of its predecessors would be desirable;
- Demonstrable experience of working in Africa, across multiple locations preferred. Culturally sensitive and aware of African counties, customs and ways of working;
- Funds/grant management experience, including risk management and compliance;
- Financial Management or accounting experience;
- Fluency in English is required, and an additional language spoken with the region would be advantageous but not necessary.
Please send an updated CV and application letter outlining your suitability for the role to: RISARecruitment@chemonics.com. Please include “Funds Management Lead” in the subject header. Application deadline is 23 June 2023, 5pm (Kenya time).