Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Safaricom jobs, Administration jobs, Business Management jobs, ICT jobs, Data Science jobs,
Business Partnerships Lead
- Reporting to the Head of Business Partnerships this role is responsible for identifying and executing strategic partnership opportunities for Safaricom with focus areas being in Big Tech Partnerships, Local/Regional and Government Digitization. The Business Partnerships Lead will work with internal and external partners to co-create/develop innovative new commercially viable products, platforms, and business models on which transformative products and services that will help millions of Kenyans will be built. (S)he will propose, structure, and execute strategic partnership initiatives, joint operations, joint ventures.
- Strategy Development: To define, build, and execute an integrated partner strategy. Collaborate with The Head of Business Partnerships and stakeholders across Safaricom on development of business and product strategies, translate business and product strategies into partner strategies, and identify partnerships that can grow our business including how we can accelerate our Mission and product roadmap.
- Transaction Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific opportunities in support of the broader partnership strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), creatively structuring and negotiating partnership terms. Communicate with all stakeholders at all stages of the partnership process to secure buy-in and approvals.
- Partnership Execution: Monitor partnership performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- External Partnerships: Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and execution. Plan and facilitate conversations with our partners to understand mutual opportunities, their requirements, pain points and ways to address these with relevant product offerings.
- Partnership Pipeline: Develop and maintain a Partner development program including GTM strategies. Success will be measured based on your ability to turn good ideas into successful businesses and to drive significant revenue impact through effective joint co-creation and GTM/co-selling.
- Industry Expertise: Be a very knowledgeable on competitive and market dynamics, product trends, start-ups (local, regional and global) and technology trends (e.g. AI, IoT, VR/AR, Blockchain) including how they can be applied in Kenya, Africa and the world as a whole.
- Innovation: Identify key constraints and innovative opportunities for business development, diversification, and growth.
- Agile: Champion an agile mindset, continuous improvement and ensure adherence to agile leading practices.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Deep understanding of partnership lifecycle management.
- Demonstrated experience in building partnerships that deliver outcomes with Big Tech and Local/Regional Systems Integrators.
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modelling skills.
- Deep understanding of product, technology, and creating great customer experiences.
- Deep understanding how to create a new business offering from scratch via different forms of partnerships and strategic investments while keeping focus on market share and revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of the technology and telecommunications competitive landscape in Kenya and Africa as a whole.
- Strong knowledge of the global communication market and related technologies.
- Leading cross-disciplinary teams and driving key business and market development initiatives from creation to implementation.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment.
- Ability to work in a start-up environment where processes, services and business models have not been fully defined.
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (such as engineering, marketing, finance and legal).
- Experience working with governments and international organizations.
- Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills. Outstanding problem-solving, negotiation, presentation, and selling skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with financial and business planning experience, including developing budgets, financial models, and strategic analysis.
- Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks.
- Expertise in structuring, negotiating, contracting and managing complex commercial partnerships.
- ICT Industry Knowledge: Deep understanding of the ICT landscape, including emerging technologies, trends, and market dynamics.
- Project Management: Familiarity with project management methodologies and tools to effectively plan, execute, and monitor partnership initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, IT or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in partner management, business development, or partner channel development in the technology industry or related experience.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Business Science, or an advanced degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) or a related field will be a added advantage.
- Effective communication skills are critical and the ability to present complex ideas and concepts to a wide range and size of audiences, from sales and marketing managers to CEO level, is a must.
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
- Strong discipline in business management, achieving sales targets and operational excellence.
- Deep understanding of digital transformation business drivers, network Infrastructure, cyber security, workplace productivity and collaboration tools, cloud platforms, capabilities and solutions, that generate partner growth and innovation.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers and partners in various industries.
- Exceptional ability to articulate both business and technical value of Safaricom ICT Services/Solutions to senior business and technical decision makers.
- Track record of creating repeatable and scalable sales motions.
- Demonstrated experience and success engaging with senior executives.
- Ability to work in an abstract, cross-organizational boundary and cross-discipline manner.
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies.
- Deep understanding of Safaricom technologies is also a plus.
Data Scientist – Credit
We are pleased to announce the position of a Data Scientist in the Big Data and Business Analytics Department within the Finance Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
- Reporting to the Lead Data Scientist, the position holder will be responsible for turning terra-bytes of data into actionable insights and new products for our customers. As a data scientist you will be working side by side with designers, product managers and our global partners from industry and academia. We expect you to take full ownership of your work, from conception all the way to the final product on our platform. Our ideal candidate must be result-oriented, with great ideas and solid quantitative skills to turn ideas into reality. You should have solid machine learning and analytics skills.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Collaborate with business units and engineering teams to understand and prioritize company needs and devise possible solutions based on business use cases
- Create various machine learning-based tools or processes within the company, such as Credit scorecards, recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems to drive revenue or create cost efficiencies.
- Create visualizations using state of the art visualization tools.
- Work in a multi-disciplined team and take ownership of turning ideas into machine learning models.
- Produce products or improve existing products with short turnaround times.
- Solid development and analytical approaches to create viable implementations.
- Bring solid credit risk analytics skills that will contribute to the development of the credit lifecycle management craft
- BSC or MS in quantitative field such as computer science, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 3 – 5 years data science working experience.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, Neural Networks
- Experience with common data science programming languages, such as Python, R, Spark, MatLab
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Qclick, Tableau, PowerBI
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases, such as Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Very solid applied statistics knowledge
- Good understanding of big data technologies like Hadoop
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and quick grasps to understand business problems Understanding of SQL and databases.
M-Pesa Africa – Value Management Officer
About the Role
- The position holder will be working within the scaled agile framework (SAFe),perform all aspects of the Value Management Officer role, responsible for implementing lean governance and operations, helping the organization make better, more informed decisions that enables business agility.
- Unlike in a traditional Project Management Office, which is highly process driven, The position holder will be to help create an outcome focused Value Management function, supporting value delivery and flow through small, lightweight controls. Helping to culture shift towards agile values, you will focus on individuals and their interactions and create an environment that rewards the generation of value for customers in the quickest possible time.
Support Lean Portfolio Management:
- Support Portfolio Manager to prepare and facilitate key SAFe Lean Portfolio events including Portfolio Syncs and Strategic Portfolio reviews.
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management, ART Leadership roles to ensure we deliver the best outcomes for our customers.
- Help transition our teams towards our Target Operating model, organising people around value and a common vision.
- Help shift the funding model, moving away from traditional project funding towards directly fund value streams.
- Support and help facilitate twice-yearly portfolio planning through our Participatory Budgeting events.
- Ensure adherence to the agreed Lean-Budget Guardrails
- Help manage uncontrolled and unlimited portfolio demand by visualising work in process and matching demand to portfolio capacity.
- Help the transition away from traditional governance and quality gates by moving our teams to a “build in quality” mindset and value focussed delivery.
- Guide Product Management to create Lean Business Cases that are outcome-focussed and establish a sensible “minimum viable product” (MVP).
- Provide regular reporting and analysis to drive effective decision making and continuous improvement
- Support our drive for relentless improvement by supporting Inspect and Adapt workshops; assess the agility level of the ART and help them
Support Agile Portfolio Operations:
- Help our Agile Release Trains execute and deliver by generating progress metrics that are used to improve value delivery and optimise flow.
- Help co-ordinate our key PI Planning events and guide Agile Release Trains to prepare the necessary content to support a successful event
- Support preparation for other key Scaled Agile program level events, including: Pre and Post PI Planning Sync, ART Sync, PO-Syn, Scrum of Scrums, System Demos, Inspect and Adapt Workshops.
- Guide Agile Release Trains to comply with our agile governance model by ensuring: the “definition of done” (DoD) is captured, communicated and used to anchor conversation in program level events. our Jira toolset is used correctly to capture additional compliance activities as necessary.
- Become a Jira and Tools champion, supporting adoption and correct use of tools to improve data quality and decision making
- Help implement and operate “risk and dependency” processes within our Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
- Help implement Vendor Management processes within our Agile Release Trains (ARTs)
- Encourage collaboration between teams, Release Train Engineer, Product Management and System Architects.
Apply if you have:
- Demonstrable competence using the JIRA and Confluence tools, backed with experience
- Relevant certified Agile qualification, for example, Leading SAFe, Scrum Master or equivalent
- Agile Experience including experience working with international organisations – minimum 5 years
- Contagious passion and commitment for driving innovation in a FinTech organisation
- Communication and relationship management experience
- Excellent problem analysis and resolution skills to support work in reactive and proactive environments
- Educated to degree level or equivalent work experience
- Certified in SAFe – the Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe Agilist certification preferred
- FinTech, Mobile Payment or Financial Payment Service Experience
What you can expect from us
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.