NGO jobs, Communications jobs, Marketing jobs, Nutrition jobs, Administration jobs,
Position Description: TechnoServe is seeking to fill the position of a Business Counselor, to support in the implementation of Micro Retail program activities in the informal settlements of Kisumu. Reporting to the Program Manager, the BC will be responsible for timely and effective implementation of project activities and achievement of the project’s goal.
Key roles and responsibility
- Area mapping, mobilization and recruitment of program beneficiaries using set criteria.
- Deliver training sessions according to the program guidelines
- Provide linkages support to the micro retailers including linkages to financial institutions, to suppliers and other ecosystem players according to the program guidelines.
- Support in all types of monitoring and evaluation activities, surveys and in reporting, weekly, monthly and in developing program success stories and lessons learnt.
- Follow and maintain the program work plan
- Work closely with Business advisors to ensure program deliverables are met through critical review of project activities in the field and eliminate any risks that may hinder effective implementation of the Project
- Understand, respect and promote Techno Serve’s values, vision, and strategy in the
- Implementation of assigned duties
- share weekly and monthly reports on the program progress updates
- Document lessons learnt and impact stories from program inter
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field or 2 years’ experience of consulting/working with Micro- enterprises
- Conversant with recent trends in the retail industry in the country
- Experience with digital training and delivery mechanisms
- Experience working with Persons with disability and basic sign language is desirable
- Strong and demonstrable report writing skills
- Experience working with communities living on less than $2 a day and willingness to travel frequently in the informal settlements
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills a must
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Training experience will be an added advantage
Strategic Communications and Knowledge Management Manager, Kenya Feed the Future, Local Food Systems
TechnoServe seeks a Knowledge Management and Communications (KMC) Manager for an anticipated local food systems program in Kenya. The KMC will report to the Chief of Party and be responsible for developing and rolling out the program’s learning and communications strategy, working closely with the program’s MEL Senior Manager.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
External Communications and Campaigns:
- Conduct global and county-level Knowledge Management Assessments.
- Establish and manage the program’s knowledge hub platform to systematically identify case studies and record best practices that will be shared with a wide range of audiences and key stakeholders (food processors, input suppliers, development partners, and public sector).
- Lead the implementation of the program’s communication framework and ensure that the strategy is aligned with the program’s global priorities.
- Capture and disseminate stories that demonstrate program impact through increased accountability, cross-sectoral collaboration, fostered trust, and sustainability.
- Engage with academic institutions and other relevant publication platforms to develop thought pieces highlighting program success.
- Actively seek out new and creative ways to effectively develop and reach the program’s global network via online platforms.
- Lead the preparation, production, design, and dissemination of advocacy and communications products (e.g., media packets, news releases, brochures, Q&As, presentations, briefing notes, speeches, newsletters, etc.).
- Maintain a communications calendar with key events, dates, and deadlines throughout the year.
- Support the organization and management of stakeholder meetings and ensure that knowledge products and resources developed are shared and referenced by appropriate target audiences.
- Support the organization of industry and sector-wide trainings, learning sessions, events, high-level roundtables, and all range of advocacy activities initiated under the program.
- Lead the delivery of reports resulting from the above-mentioned range of advocacy and engagement initiatives, working closely with relevant USAID and regional program hubs.
- Lead the curation and updating of stakeholder mapping and prepare relevant communication materials to partners.
- Oversee all KMC-related sub-agreements and coordinate partner and consultant efforts in KMC-related program implementation.
- Cultivate a community of practice and map existing communications networks that will be interested in TechnoServe’s (and the wider program’s) local food systems practice.
- Work with USAID to finalize new tools, manuals, technical briefs, etc., including copyediting, layout, design, printing, and dissemination.
- Bachelor’s Degree + 7 years relevant experience OR Master’s Degree + 5 years relevant experience (Communications, Marketing, Nutrition, or Social sciences).
- 5 years of experience with knowledge management and communications methods and approaches in an international development context.
- Knowledge of the Kenya donor context and key players in donor programming.
- Experience with webinars and online learning platforms (Zoom, Google Meets, etc.)
- Proficiency with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, and Premiere). Graphic design experience a plus.
- Experience with marketing tools such as Hubspot, Constant Contact, MailChimp, and Salesforce.
- Fluency in English with excellent oral and written communication skills required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to capture, synthesize, and present programming and organizational successes and lessons learned.
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing.
- Strong analytical, program management, and analytical skills.