Centre Manager Telemarketing Unit
- To maximise the customer experience by ensuring that continuous quick and efficient service is delivered to all Cash Customers through mentoring, coaching and developing staff within Hub and Spoke,
- The process requires careful daily coordination, cash planning, forecasting and management and would need to use a nodal optimization tool to ensure most effective cash management.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal ABSA Policies and Policy Standards.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
Centre Manager, Telemarketing Unit
- To support in the implementation and delivery of the Retail and Business Banking customer life-cycle strategy through the Telemarketing Unit, with an aim of deepening the bank’s relationship with its existing customers in order to enhance wallet share, customer satisfaction and retention and customer profitability.
- To build and develop a high-performing team through embedding performance development and coaching. Ensure that the team member receives coaching and feedback in order to develop and achieve their maximum potential, meet and exceed data led sales targets.
- Embed Governance, Compliance, Risk and Controls within the Telemarketing Unit in line with business Risk Control assessments (RCAs), Audit requirements and Absa group policies.
- Identify and implement key processes to support in the efficient running of the Telemarketing Unit.
- Identify/Review and implement key product processes to support in the delivery of product and channel customer life-cycle campaigns through the Telemarketing Unit.
- Be the liaison with other business units/departments e.g. products, channels and operations in the delivery of product and channel customer life-cycle campaigns or review of processes to support in the delivery of product and channel customer life-cycle campaigns through the Telemarketing Unit.
- Liaise with the Chief Data Office team to provide any required analytics to drive improved performance of the Telemarketing Unit.
- Liaise with the Customer Lifecycle Management (CLM) Strategy/Data Led Sales Manager on any key changes that need to be done at the Telemarketing Unit to support in the RBB CLM and Data Led Sales Strategy execution.
Risk, Control & Processes: 20%
- Ensure Governance, Compliance, Risk and Control Standards are implemented and adhered, to meet Group Standards.
- Ensure any new regulatory or Group requirements impacting on Telemarketing are reviewed and implemented.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal Absa policies and standards.
- Ensure full embedment of complaints procedures and any arising complaints, queries, and escalations are dealt with effectively and in a timely manner.
- Ensure full embedment of all applicable governance and controls policies and procedures.
- Maintain an up-to-date RCA document for TMU.
- Ensure all required reports are provided in a timely manner including daily TMU Sales Report and TMU Monthly Financial Performance Report.
- Identify any arising issues and escalate appropriately.
- Team responsibility and accountability for the profitability within the portfolio, including budgets of the CLM Telemarketing Unit
- Team responsibility for the preparation of required documentation/processes supporting TMU activities, ensuring completeness, correctness and all procedures have been adhered to.
- Team responsibility for the filing and safe custody systems within TMU, with adherence to the Bank’s Data Management Policy.
- Ensure adherence to KYC policy in conducting customer engagements and onboarding as part of TMU activities.
- Ensure reporting on conformance to KYC as required.
- Team responsibility for adherence to Policy & Procedures in TMU.
- Ensure the TMU Asset Register is properly maintained, including completeness and accuracy.
- Team responsibility for adherence with IT security procedures including conducting regular snap checks on the Interactive Voice Recorder (IVR) Telephony system.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal Absa policies and standards
- Ensure quality assurance checks are embedded.
- Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Monitor the performance of Voice Recorder Telephony system and ensure escalations are done accordingly aiming for 100% uptime and that all sales done are recorded.
- Ensure snap checks are done as per agreed policy and any breaches of processes are flagged with Head of TMU.
- Ensure processing of sales is within agreed timelines by engaging Operational centers to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Be in liaison with the Contact Centre team to ensure ALL Customer Complaints in CLM TMU/Portfolio queue are handled within SLA.
- Deliver customer and business friendly processes which drive identified product and channel CLM campaigns through the Telemarketing Unit.
- Regular engagement with colleagues at CLM Strategy, Products, Channels, Operations and other Business units on the various campaigns running at the Telemarketing Unit.
- Managing the supplier relationship with the outsourced outbound telemarketing vendor in view of resolving emerging telephony issues.
- Liaise with the CLM Strategy/Data Led Sales Manager and/or Branches to ensure any branch related support areas tied to the Telemarketing Unit’s processes are running.
- Efficiently ensure sales generated by the Telemarketing team are processed within SLA and dispatched to processing centers and daily MI shared with the unit.
Business Performance and Growth: 60%
- Ensure tracking of campaign outputs through TMU Compliance for realization of signed-off benefits.
- Act as an enabler to the Lead Generators under supervision by providing them with the tools and information to optimize sales.
- Through delegation to the Lead Generators, achieve set annual sales targets. Monitor the performance of the Lead Generators on real time monitoring, daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis and provide coaching and feedback on how to improve performance.
- On a daily basis, monitor all the activities being carried out in the TMU.
- Motivate staff and ensure they are recognized through the Absa Bank PLC recognition schemes.
- Identify training needs of the team and arrange for these needs to be met through on-the- job coaching and formal training.
- Communicate a summary of the training needs to the Head of TMU at least annually. Ensure that the planned learning interventions take place particularly for compulsory training.
- Induct new Lead Generators and ensure that they participate in formal induction as well as the compulsory compliance training courses.
- Cascade key messages, including training for products to staff members, including training on new application forms.
- Monitor sales performance on real time basis, daily, weekly and monthly basis and provide results to the Head of TMU.
- Ensure detailed customer feedback is collected through BOC as part of the calls done at the Telemarketing Unit, collate this and submit to the appropriate business units as a means of providing ongoing customer feedback on the bank’s products, channels and services.
- Ensure commission payments to Telemarketing Unit are processed accurately and within SLA for all products sold.
- Facilitate supply of data to the Telemarketing Unit from the respective Product departments in required amounts and within agreed SLAs while maintaining a tracker of all sales data inputs to TMU against agreed SLA.
- Provide input to Telemarketing team through feedback on sales quality in view of emerging business policies or requirements.
Stakeholder Engagement and Management: 20%
- Proactively drive collaboration with varied stakeholders to ensure full execution of the Telemarketing Unit strategy.
- Liaise with/ support and ensure timely delivery from Products, Channels Operations & Technology teams for development of processes, infrastructure, and IT capability to support activities at the Telemarketing Unit.
- Facilitate design and delivery of staff training and toolkits for the Telemarketing Unit.
- Participate in the ironing out of any Telemarketing Unit issues arising, through appropriate dialogue with stakeholders and conducting required analyses.
- Maintain a “feedback” loop with key stakeholders and engage on any emerging strategic developments.
- Liaise with the Head of Telemarketing to ensure that the unit is appropriately represented in the relevant business-wide forums.
- Build effective relationships, influence and motivate the Telemarketing teams to ensure their wholehearted commitment to effective implementation of CLM.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Sales Management
- Call Centre Experience
- Front Line Experience in either sales or service
- Team Management
Knowledge And Skills
- Proven Stakeholder management skills.
- Team Management skills.
- Good understanding of Absa Bank customer segmentation, products, policies, plans, objectives in order to pro-actively embrace changes within the function.
- Proven track record of delivering superior customer value.
- Performance management skills.
- Good working knowledge of telephony systems and quality controls.
- PC Skills: Microsoft Office& Excel, Power point expertise is a must
- Performance Management
- Data Led Sales tracking and management
Behavioural and Cognitive Competencies
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Results Orientation and self-drive
- Strong negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Essential to be innovative and pro-active
- Application Deadline- 6th December 2023
- National Certificate: Accounting (Required)
Lariba Commercial Relationship Manager
- To Manager and sustain relationship of La Riba Business Banking customers, building long-term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
- The primary objective is to maximize sustainable risk-adjusted / EP portfolio contribution.
- The jobholder will additionally be responsible for business development both with new customers and with his/her existing portfolio.
Sales and Service: Time Split – 70%
- Conduct annual review of customers’ borrowing facilities (and interim review if customer circumstances [risk profile] dictate).
- Consult customer owners/managers on financial/credit issues and general business practice/ideas.
- Determine the key messages, e.g., agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points (including introductions to new personnel) and new product changes. Calculating the most appropriate means of communicating them to customers.
- Deal with, and find resolutions for, customer complaints.
- Determine the appropriate La Riba products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be able to sell these, at short notice, both reactively and proactively.
- Plan and co-ordinate any marketing approaches for new business and actively develop existing relationships. Co-ordinate approaches to the portfolio by businesses across the Group.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to risk service standards.
Business Management: Time Split – 30%
- Research, create and follow up on a La Riba target list for potential new business.
- Identify priority La Riba customers using the Customer Prioritization Guidelines to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information (They will work closely with La Riba team,SME Credit & Product specialists)
- Monitor and control the quality of the portfolio using “Condition of Sanction” triggers where possible and in accordance with RM guidelines and Bank policy.
- Manage “Early Warning List” customers to reduce risk, following H.O. and Regional guidance provided.
- Adhere to procedures and guidelines within the BB RMCD
- Preferred Qualification: Business degree
- Preferred Experience: 5 years’ experience in sales and 3 years in relationship management
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- The jobholder will be required to have a detailed knowledge of the core set of Business Banking products.
- For Complex La Riba products and concepts, a good knowledge will be required sufficient to:-
- Recognize the changing needs of the customer.
- Identify La Riba products/service that best satisfies customer need.
- Introduce the product/service.
- Co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- Deal with customers directly as required.
- A good knowledge of the La Riba products & services available in the Personal Sector is also required to satisfy the individual financial needs of business owners/key individuals.
- The jobholder will require a broad understanding of policies and strategies across the Group as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
Must have good knowledge on: –
- Business Banking,
- Islamic Banking knowledge
- Shariah compliance products
- Customer relationship management
- Team management
- Relationship skills
- Decisiveness and initiating action
- Working with others
- Active listening
- Analytical thinking
- Communication skills
- Persuading and influencing
- Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Product skills
- Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required).