Finance jobs,Accounting jobs, Social sciences jobs, Law jobs, Supply Chain jobs, Procurement jobs, Business related jobs, Sales Training jobs, Business Operations jobs,
Head of Finance – Kenya
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
- The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
- Our people reflect this mission; we pride ourselves in empowering our people to own their own careers, and encouraging growth through our learning and development programs, coaching partnerships, and on-the-job training. As a collective, we value diversity, knowing every journey brings its own reward, and support each employee as they travel theirs. This includes our family-friendly policies, commitment to employee mental and physical well-being, and flexible working practices. Our aim is for every employee to be able to shape their own career, whilst helping shape the future of M-KOPA as we grow together.
- M-Kopa now has a presence across the African continent and just raised $250 million in debt and equity—one of the largest fundraisings by an African tech startup.
- “If you treat low-income people as customers, not charity cases,” says co-founder and CEO Jesse Moore,
“you can change the world.”
- We have an opportunity for you to join the Kenyan leadership team and become one of the top 5 decision makers in that office, putting you directly in charge of the finance function with 34 direct reports. Kenya is our largest theatre of operation.
- For example, if you have a Big 4 (KPMG, Deloitte, PwC, E&Y) audit background at manager level or above (even better if you have post Big 4 experience in the lending space) then I hope this would be a very attractive role that you would want to discuss further.
- The senior leadership team have very high pedigree backgrounds from Stanford, Oxford and Wageningen and the ambition and drive to push the company to continued success in the region. The mentoring and experience you’ll gain from working with these people is second to none.
I have a more detailed brief about the role but in the first instance I would simply ask does this sound like something you want to know more about?
Senior Analytics Engineer
YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE YOU WILL
- Together with your cross-functional partners you will define key metrics for the product area: how do we measure success?
- You will build easy to understand and consistently modelled datasets to serve metrics, dashboards and exploratory analysis
- You will develop semantic models in Looker, build dashboards and coach users on how to use self-serve capabilities of our platform
- Working together with software engineers you will ensure that the data necessary for analysis is captured well in our systems
- You will build data transformation pipelines, primarily by using SQL and Python in dbt + Airflow infrastructure
- Throughout this process you will apply best practices to build reliable, well tested, efficient, documented data assets
WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE IN
- You’ll have experience working in the following area dimensional data modelling for analytics / data warehouses / big data infrastructures
- High proficiency in SQL (any dialect)
- Experience programming in Python, Java or another language
- 5+ years experience working with SQL
- 3+ years working with data warehouses technologies
- 3+ years experience working with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau
- 2+ years experience working with a transformation tool such as dbt
- Experience working with orchestration systems such as airflow
- Technical degree is plus, but not a must
What will you do:
- Product/Accessories Sourcing.
- You will lead in the multi-sourcing of phone accessories across markets and ensure all accessories are approved before sourcing. You will also keep track and ensure minimal dead stock due to EOL devices.
- You will obtain quotes from different suppliers (Whole sellers and retail outlets) to allow maintaining a tracker on price movements in the markets to help with supplier product negotiations.
- You will support new distributor/Supplier onboarding with close collaboration with our Procurement and Legal department, and ensure all expiring supplier contracts are re-negotiated and renewed in good time.
- Product management
- You will assist to manage the new phone model transition in close liaison with Market Development.
- You will ensure test samples are received and test plans uploaded in good time.
- You will follow up with OEM to ensure Type approval certificates are in place before the start of sales in each country.
- You will maintain an updated TA tracker for all markets.
- Material Supply Planning
- You will coordinate with our Planning Team to ensure all suppliers’ POs are released per the agreed supplier terms to avoid product delivery delays.
- You will ensure supplier deliveries are following communicated delivery plan and update the subsequent sourcing trackers
- Supplier relationship
- You will oversee tracking OEM activations targets and working with our warehouse teams to ensure our targets are achieved.
- You will rebate tracking and follow up with OEM/MNO to ensure credit notes are received.
- Other Stakeholder support
- You will offer the necessary support to our Market Development and Security Team during the product testing process.
- You will provide supplier support for all ongoing and new products.
- You will perform any other responsibilities that shall be reasonably assigned by management.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Business, or related field.
- 2 years of experience in Sourcing, Supply Chain, Demand Planning/Forecasting role
- Project management, planning, and organizing skills. Able to prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to communicate effectively with suppliers, staff, and partners, and write and submit reports.
- Proficiency in MS excel (can perform complex functions).
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain positive professional relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Understand the sourcing and evaluation process.
- Understand the aspects of logistics and the capacity management of products.
- Demonstrated experience working with Suppliers and managing supplier relationships
Senior Sales Training Manager
What will you do:
- Lead the design and management of M-KOPA’s training program, including content creation, learning management system maintenance, sales collateral, and other training materials.
- Build an overall sales curriculum that includes the delivery of static and interactive training modules.
- Establish role-specific job aids, facilitator and participant guides, on-the-job training systems, and demonstration/role-play models.
- Design all training methods informed by the priorities of our teams and in consideration of the our goals.
- Manage any external partners/vendors used to support creative content design or learning management tools.
- Collaborate with department heads and in-country teams to roll out training in the field.
- Support the training leads and trainers in all M-KOPA markets to ensure the deployment and adoption of training programs aligned with the country’s priorities and Goals
- Build train-the-trainer systems and lead the set-up of these programs to cascade new content and methods throughout the organization
- Partner with HR, Marketing, Data, and Sales teams to identify areas that require training support, develop program requirements, set delivery plans, and track performance
- Advocate for training improvement by overseeing the effectiveness of M-KOPA’s training programs
- Work with the in-country teams to guide the use of new training methods and track adherence to new protocols.
- Measure program delivery quality and evaluate the effectiveness of sales onboarding, sales conversion, and overall agent productivity.
- Review the progress and upskilling of sales representatives.
- Provide insights from users in the field and design the systems and Goals to report out training results to management teams.
What We’re Looking For:
- You have sales and business operations experience, with over 2- 3 years of experience in a training development role, preferably as a manager overseeing a team of trainers.
- You enjoy traveling and working across multiple markets.
- You have experience facilitating training campaigns through instructional design, adult learning methodologies, and learning evaluation models.
- You have developed expertise in using digital tools and platforms to deliver interactive training content for sales teams.
- You are a detailed orientated and happy to communicate your ideas
- You love inspiring individuals to get the best out of them.
- You love working in a scaling organization with high frequency of change and enjoy collaboration across multiple teams and departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
Senior Mechanical Product Manager
As a Senior Mechanical Product Manager for Mobility, you will:
- Be a passionate product champion for all things involving electric motorbikes, with a deep specialty on the mechanical side.
- Evaluate and assess motorcycles from various suppliers on their mechanical quality, safety, and overall performance.
- Convert customer, market, and business needs into mechanical product requirements, ensuring our offerings are competitive and meet our customers’ needs.
- Collaborate with various teams, including engineering, sales, and customer service to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Monitor market trends and conduct analysis on emerging/alternate suppliers to keep our product offerings competitive.
- Oversee the relationship with suppliers to ensure consistent product quality and adherence to safety regulations.
- Monitor feedback from the field to track product safety/quality and make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with required regulations and standards.
You’re excited about this opportunity because:
- You will be working with an enthusiastic team focused on accelerating the transition to electric mobility in Africa.
- Your work will have impact on our customers’ livelihood by achieve progress in their lives through technology and financing accessibility.
- Demonstrating team spirit is important to you.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have at least four years of experience in product management, preferably within the motorcycle or broader mobility industry.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or automotive engineering or have deep experience with the mechanical components and design of motorbikes or equivalent experience.
- You have proven experience assessing the mechanical and safety aspects of motorcycles.
- You understand the importance of well communicating concepts with partners.
- You can travel occasionally to meet with suppliers, partners, or customers.
Senior Associate – Audit and Investigations
- You will help us implement the internal audit plan by conducting audits of processes to ensure compliance with our procedures.
- You will conduct investigations of alleged misconduct or potential violations of our internal procedures.
- You will obtain and review documents, reports, and other relevant data to gather evidence for audits and investigations. This will involve interviewing witnesses or team members to gather audit evidence.
- You will analyze data, determine findings, and create recommendation actions.
- You will prepare detailed and accurate audit and investigation reports outlining recommendations.
- You will follow up with management on the implementation of corrective actions from the audit and investigation findings.
- You will perform any other responsibilities related to the job responsibility as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences/ Law/ Finance/Accounting or related fields from a recognized university.
- ACCA/CPA/CIA/CISA/certification or the equivalent qualification.
- Participation in investigation training courses.
- Minimum of 3 Years of experience conducting investigations and audits.
- Able to be keen, attentive and truthfulness.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills, including interviewing/good skills in communication.
- Team player with good skills for interpersonal relations.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Suites, including Excel (can perform complex functions) use and analysis.
- Be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and levels in a global organization.
- Confidential when handling sensitive information
- Knowledge of accounting systems.
- Knowledge of professional standards.