Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Product Management jobs, Data Science jobs, Research jobs, Project Management jobs,
Senior Mechanical Product Manager
About the role:
- M-KOPA is now working to extend this connected asset financing expertise into the electric mobility space, with an initial focus on electric 2-wheelers. Your work will have a massive impact both environmentally and in the financial independence it creates for our customers.
- We are looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Mechanical Product Manager to join our Mobility team. We ask that you have an understanding and experience with motorcycles, especially their mechanical aspects.
- You will assess and provide feedback on the quality and safety of motorcycle designs and their iterations from multiple electric Motorbike suppliers, ensuring alignment with M-KOPA’s requirements and customer expectations.
- First and foremost, we are looking for someone who is excited about what we do. You don’t need to be an expert in Electric Mobility, but you are keen to learn and apply our company’s values.
As a Senior Mechanical Product Manager for Mobility, you will:
- Be a passionate product champion for all things involving electric motorbikes, with a deep specialty on the mechanical side.
- Evaluate and assess motorcycles from various suppliers on their mechanical quality, safety, and overall performance.
- Convert customer, market, and business needs into mechanical product requirements, ensuring our offerings are competitive and meet our customers’ needs.
- Collaborate with various teams, including engineering, sales, and customer service to ensure alignment with company goals.
- Monitor market trends and conduct analysis on emerging/alternate suppliers to keep our product offerings competitive.
- Oversee the relationship with suppliers to ensure consistent product quality and adherence to safety regulations.
- Monitor feedback from the field to track product safety/quality and make necessary adjustments.
- Ensure compliance with required regulations and standards.
You’re excited about this opportunity because:
- You will be working with an enthusiastic team focused on accelerating the transition to electric mobility in Africa.
- Your work will have an impact on our customers’ livelihood by achieving progress in their lives through technology and financing accessibility.
- Demonstrating team spirit is important to you.
We’re excited about you because:
- You have at least four years of experience in product management, preferably within the motorcycle or broader mobility industry.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or automotive engineering or have deep experience with the mechanical components and design of motorbikes or equivalent experience.
- You have proven experience assessing the mechanical and safety aspects of motorcycles.
- You understand the importance of well-communicating concepts with partners.
- You can travel occasionally to meet with suppliers, partners, or customers.
Senior Strategy Manager – Mobility
- We’re looking for a Senior Strategy Manager – Mobility who is a high-capacity and dynamic individual. You are someone who succeeds equally well in solving strategic high-level business problems with executives and board members, as you do iterating on the fine details of business operational process improvements in the field.
- You will be reporting to the Director of Mobility
What will you do:
- You will lead important internal and external facing strategic and operational projects for the Mobility business, including cross-department projects that inspire commercial, operational, credit, and financial improvements.
- You will lead on strategic analysis in areas including business model design, customer and market research, supply chain, pilot design, process improvement, strategic partnerships, and credit management.
- You will use advanced data analytics, modeling, data visualization, and field experience to understand complex problems and present and recommend practical and easy-to-operate solutions.
- You will be a strategic partner with our Mobility Senior Leadership team.
- You will be an inspiring manager within our Mobility team.
- 2+ years in strategy or management consulting, in a top international or cross-market firm.
- Prior experience in a related asset financing / electric mobility/consumer credit / direct sales business.
- Are based in or have excellent experience working in Kenya, the markets in which M-KOPA works, or similar markets.
- It would be best if you have advanced analytical, statistical, business intelligence, and data visualization experience and advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets).
- Have experience in research-related roles, including primary research methodologies, experiment design and evaluation, and statistical analysis, used to guide rigorous data-driven decision-making in a corporate environment.
- Excellent skills in communication and presentation, with an ability to engage with executives across our cross-functions and geographies.
- High capacity to manage multiple complex assignments at the same time and deliver high-quality outputs
You Might Be A Good Fit If
- You are passionate about electric mobility and engaging with motorbike riders and micro-entrepreneurs
- You appreciate the power of providing fair credit financing for underbanked populations
- You have experience building or working in the mobility industry and with financial products and services
- You succeed equally as well in the field engaging with customers and deriving insights from the market as you do in a data-driven board room reporting on main metrics and building a long-term strategy
- You succeed in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- You are excited about the future of electric mobility and all the social and customer benefits it brings to Africa
- You want to be a part of a close-knit, flexible, fun, and diverse team
What’s In It For You
- Great Compensation Package
- Private health insurance (inpatient outpatient, maternity, eye care, and dental)
- Group Life Cover
- WI-FI Payment and Airtime Allowance