Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Medical jobs, Healthcare jobs, Safety and Environment jobs, Aga Khan jobs, Laboratory Technology jobs,
Laboratory Technologist, Microbiology Section
- Receive specimens for Microbiology testing.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls on all processes in Microbiology
- Monitor and manage routine and planned preventive maintenance of equipment in Microbiology.
- Perform tests with maximum efficiency utilizing reagents appropriately by following laid down standard operating procedures to achieve expected turn-around time.
- Communicate urgent/critical/abnormal test results to appropriate clinicians with recommended period of time and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Observe/comply with Health & Safety requirements in the laboratory by maintaining high standards of hygiene and general cleanliness in the work area.
- Develop and implement SOPs in Microbiology.
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
- Higher Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institute or equivalent
- Registered with Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Minimum 3 years working experience.
- Well versed in the required discipline
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (both written and oral)
Paediatric Instructor, Department of Paediatrics
- Review and examine patients consistently by performing such duties as taking case histories, conducting physical examinations and ordering diagnostic laboratory and radiology studies.
- Conduct daily ward rounds and monitor patients’ progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate discussions with patient and care givers to enable better diagnostic and therapeutic medical care services.
- Attend to critical patients in a timely manner.
- When necessary, carry out privileged and potentially life saving emergency medical procedures.
- Educate patients on wellness prevention and early detection of risk factors for disease (s).
- Provide materials, resources and referrals to patients, family members/care givers.
- Initiate timely discussions with relevant consultants/departments to arrive at the best treatment plan for specialized cases.
- Take role of teaching and supervising residents, SHOs and other clinical staff.
- Engage nursing and ward staff in ensuring that all treating equipment is functional and available for patient care/treatment.
- Work closely with other members of the clinical care team to reduce errors and waste, improve skillfulness and resource utilization.
- Teaching, assessment and mentorship of medical school students, interns and residents.
- Participate in developing and reviewing the syllabus for assigned teaching modules.
- Participating in Departmental Residency Training Committee (DRTC), examination and other faculty or departmental meetings as may be determined.
- Collaborate with consultants and colleagues to enable integration of clinical research activities, shared knowledge, institutional quality improvement and patient wellness activities.
- Participate in all teams efforts as departmental needs arise.
- Carry out any other duty as may be required by the supervisor.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) or equivalent.
- MMed in Paediatrics – position terminates two years post training upon KMP&D Board recognition of specialty.
- Registration by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Emergency Paediatric Life Support (EPLS).
- Completion of 3-4 years formal Post-Graduate Medical Education in a recognized university.
- Demonstrates competency and dexterity with all equipment utilized in the hospital environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Responsible team player.
- Seeks and accepts advice and adheres to deadlines.
- Punctual and respects commitments made.
- Works with minimal supervision.