NGO jobs, RefugePoint jobs, ICT jobs, Community Development jobs,
Locum Community Navigator
- The primary responsibility of the Locum Community Navigator (LCN) is to provide language interpretation and to assist the organization in providing information and timely support to refugees and asylum seekers towards their self-reliance.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide language interpretation and translation.
- Participate in community education as directed by RefugePoint.
- Provide accurate and timely information to refugees and migrants.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with refugee communities
- Participate in community mobilization as directed by RefugePoint.
- Accompany clients and guide them to access certain services when called upon.
- Provide relevant community updates to RefugePoint.
- Participate in training and capacity-building programs to enhance skills and knowledge.
Attend to any other duties assigned by the line supervisor.
- Be a resident of Nairobi and its environs in locations where refugees live
- Be fluent in English, Kiswahili, and other languages spoken by refugees
- Must hold a UNHCR mandate refugee certificate, Government alien card and/or recent Government verification documents
- Must have a minimum of secondary school education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Post-secondary school training e.g. in health, community development, counseling, business administration etc.
- Experience in community work
Officer, Information Technology
- The primary responsibility of the Officer, IT is to implement IT activities under the direction of the Program Manager, IT, to improve our programs’ efficiency and effectiveness. These include assisting the Program Manager, IT in the administration, managing, maintaining and monitoring of the RefugePoint ICT Network and Infrastructure, assisting staff with support queries and escalating them as appropriate; liaising with external communications providers to resolve any system faults and ensuring system uptime of all RefugePoint ICT communications and other data communication systems.
- This position requires flexibility, innovation, initiative, and confidence in dealing with different types of IT hardware and systems and people from various multi-cultural backgrounds.
- This position reports to the Senior Manager, Information Technology.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
Systems and Infrastructure Support
- Achieve and maintain a thorough knowledge and adherence to established RefugePoint policies and procedures regarding the organization’s ICT systems management.
- Manage and monitor the IT hardware infrastructure systems uptime, including the organization’s servers, internal wired and wireless networks, external internet connections, and networks to ensure the highest performance, reliability, and availability.
- Oversee the setup of user accounts, permissions, and passwords in the domain and internet-related and facing applications as per the RefugePoint provided guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Support and administer third-party networking and internet software applications, e.g. Salesforce, Zoom, Zoho, RefugePoint Human Resource management system, and any other as applicable.
General Support and Training
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems arising from the office’s IT hardware equipment and software applications and serve as RefugePoint’s help-desk focal point for all IT support.
- Setup RefugePoint’s hardware and software on diverse platforms, including Windows operating system, Android mobile operating system, and custom web-based applications.
- Train staff on the following:
- Microsoft applications and custom internal applications, e.g. Salesforce, Zoom, Zoho, Gmail, RefugePoint Human Resource management system and any other applicable.
- RefugePoint’s Android applications, e.g. Salesforce, Zoom, Zoho, Gmail, TaroWorks, Two Factor Authentication applications, and any other as applicable.
- Basic hardware and network troubleshooting, including setup of IT training resources required for group meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Support staff using Gmail, Zoho, Zoom, Salesforce and any other RefugePoint application.
- Act in accordance with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- Identify commonly recurring requests for assistance and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness or configuration changes.
- Track, maintain and catalog all IT equipment as per the relevant guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all IT support requests received from staff working on-site and remotely escalating issues to the Senior Manager, IT as needed.
- Act as the backup for the Senior Manager, IT and the Database Administrator, IT as needed.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years’ formal work experience in an Information Technology position managing and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks, preferably Windows-based networks. Previous NGO experience would be a plus.
- Excellent working knowledge of the latest Windows operating systems, Android operating systems and modern database and information system technologies.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows domain management and Active Directory services.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in a Windows-based environment.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows and Android operating systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of systems security in a large network environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of printer hardware and troubleshooting printer-related issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of networking and troubleshooting network-related issues.
- Excellent working knowledge of wireless technologies, including deployment of wireless networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- High integrity and dependability.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Social competence skills, diplomacy, and a team worker.
- Ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Enthusiasm for and dedication to working with vulnerable populations.
- Current Police Clearance Certificate.