JSS Teacher (Creative Arts and Sports)
Reporting to the School Principal, the Junior Secondary School teacher will be responsible for teaching her/his subjects of specialization, day to day classroom management including maintaining high standards in discipline, academics and talent development, maintaining positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families and colleagues. S/he will be required to create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students and maintain an organized and focused learning environment.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- S/he will undertake various duties, which include but are not limited to:
- Prepare lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning.
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning.
- Integrate performing arts, visual arts and sports in his/her curriculum delivery
- Prepare, administer and grade tests and assignments to evaluate students’ progress
- Prepare materials for classroom activities.
- Adapt teaching methods and instruction materials to meet varying students’ needs and interests
- Maintain accurate and complete student’s records as required
- Maintain and keep learners progress records,
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress and determine priority resources for children’s needs
- Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
- Attend professional meetings, teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence
- Confer with other teachers to plan and schedule lessons following the approved curriculum
- Attend staff meetings and serve in committees as required
- Budget: Working with the principal and HOD’s, the staff will develop the annual operation budget for the department/subject needs.
Performs other reasonable tasks assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Formal qualifications & Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Performing Arts and Sports.
- Must have three years of teaching experience.
- Must have a Teachers Service Commission certificate
- Have good working skills with technology such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- A good communicator, able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- Problem solving skills, proactive in identifying issues and addressing these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge in data collection, analysis and utilization in academic management
- Demonstrated ability to monitor academic performance and institute necessary remedial measures as need arises.
- Role model of the organization’s values both internally and externally
- Ability to engage sensitively with members of the school community and partners
- A proactive problem solver and strategic thinker.
- A team player.
- Manages changes easily.
- Innovative and creative
Reporting to the Location Program Director, the Programme Administrator provides administrative support to SOS Children’s Village Programmes. H/She assists with the synchronization of administrative activities at the SOS Children’s Village Programme. In addition, H/She ensures that SOS Children’s Village project complies with established policies and procedures, and guides the development of the administrative function ensuring that organisational objectives are supported and remain relevant
Support effective financial resources use and ensure procurement processes are adhered to
- Gives support to the Programme accountant in ensuring proper financial management of the SOS Children’s Village and adherence to the financial and administrative regulations of SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya and SOS-Kinderdorf International.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual plans and budget of the SOS Children’s Village Programme and ensures the budget is not exceeded.
- Maintains and continuously updates list of prequalified suppliers, contractors and consultants in various specific categories of goods, works or services according to the procurement needs of SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya at location level.
- Prepares SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya Procurement Plans in liaison with user departments.
- Prepares Local Purchase Orders, Local Service Orders and Contract Agreements.
- Outsources for quotations from suppliers as per the threshold in reference to the procurement manual.
- Coordinates receipt and inspection of delivered item ensuring the quality and given specifications are met.
- Acts as the permanent secretary to the procurement committees and shall prepare the bid analysis and or evaluation reports of the deliberations of the procurement committees.
- Ensures that all records on procurement are prepared, updated and properly and stored kept Shall organize sensitization on matters of procurement for SOS Children’s Villages in Kenya stakeholders
- Prepares LPO’s and petty cash payments and ensures all documents supporting payments are attached before a payment is processed.
- Ensures Programme staff are well advised on procurement time around time to ensure smooth implementation of activities.
- Organizes sensitization on matters of procurement for SOS Children’s Village location staff and stakeholders.
- Updates the fixed assets registers for the SOS Children’s Village Programme and conducts quarterly reviews.
- Coordinates the purchase of stationery, equipment and other supplies, and deals with various suppliers as necessary.
- Ensures that tools, equipment and machines in the Programme workshop are properly maintained and repaired regularly, and any necessary replacements are ordered in time.
- Assists with the establishment of proper store-keeping records and procedures. Conducts regular checks off all stores (e.g. drug stores, stationary stores, etc.) to ensure stock-cards are accurate and all proper procedures are being followed.
General Administrative Tasks
- He/she works independently in routine tasks under the general direction of the Programme Director. Supports him/her in any way possible, removing the burden of general administration from him/her.
- Supervises all the administrative activities of the SOS Children’s Village Programme.
- Ensures the maintenance of the entire programme grounds and buildings as well-organized offices, ensuring cleanliness and good order.
- Recommends improvements in office administration, practices, including filing systems.
- Ensures effective communication, information processing and logistics coordination.
- Coordinates the SOS Children’s Villages fleet ensuring that the vehicles are properly maintained, registered and insured.
- Frequently reviews compliance with the agreed SOS administrative policies and procedures.
- Maintains and updates all administrative files, paperwork and other documentation in compliance with SOS policies & procedures. Keeps up-to-date files for all reports, meetings correspondence etc. Ensures the proper safekeeping of all such records.
- Assists in making accommodation or other arrangements for guests, SOS Children’s Villages Kenya officials or other visitors.
- Maintains a stationery register and distributes new supplies as necessary.
- Records proceedings of Programme meetings and ensures programme minutes are signed and filled appropriately.
- Organize refreshments for guests and assists with the organization of special functions.
- Ensures proper facility maintenance at all times
- Provided programme reports regularly including but not limited to safety and security and security guard’s performance, Ensures effective management of Human Resource Records at the location.
- Supports the development of simple but effective Human Resources administrative procedures in accordance with the policies of the SOS Children’s Villages Program Policy.
- Prepares monthly reports on agreed key human resource areas for decision making.
- Ensures security of the location is effective and performs secretarial duties to the locational Security Committee.
- Ensure internal memo or relevant communication is disseminated widely, timely and effectively through different communication channels (like notice-boards, e-mail, telephone, etc.) within the location
- Coordinates implementation of all Safety & Health requirements in the location as per OSHA.
- Coordinates all locational staff pension scheme issues in liaison with employees and the Human Resource & Administration Manager.
- Deals with SACCO related queries and issues at the location level
- Coordinates employee benefits administration e.g education rebates, staff medical scheme and pension Scheme queries.
- Staff leave administration: Maintaining all leave records and updates to achieve coordinated leave administration process and keys in primary information in the HRIS leave module and share updated leave schedules on the date of each month with the supervisor and Human Resource Officer.
- Ensures that staff attendance record is maintained for action and decision making.
- Maintains and provides necessary support in the implementation for use of all Human Resources forms and documentation such as leave forms, exit survey forms, application forms etc.
- Update staff files with all HR and other administrative documents and ensure their safety Performs any other tasks that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time
Minimum Qualifications & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Public Administration /Office Administration/Office Management or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an NGO setting or a busy organisation
- Experience handling service providers i.e., transport, office suppliers, accommodation etc. is desirable
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- The ability to create a positive, everlasting impression with the most professional, courteous and expedient manner and to continually strive for superior client service
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Experience in budgeting and managing fundraising initiatives
- Familiarity with industry-related laws and regulations
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send a Cover Letter & updated CV in PDF with details of 3 traceable referees one of which must be immediate former employer to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resources Manager to reach us on or before 20th February 2024 . Please indicate position of interest as subject.