Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Safety and Environment jobs, Accountant jobs, KPMG jobs,
Senior Associate –Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Reporting
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic candidate to join our ESG team in Nairobi to assist our local, regional and global clients in transforming their corporate reporting practices.
If you have the relevant expertise and hands on professional experience in sustainability reporting and would like to be part of a dynamic team driving positive impact and growth through client service, knowledge development and capability building, come join us!
Key roles and responsibilities
- Client liaison and relationship management.
- Lead and execute ESG reporting engagements from planning through to completion.
- Analyse accounting and technical impacts of ESG issues on financial reporting and develop appropriate disclosures in accordance with approved ESG reporting standards and frameworks.
- Keep up to date on industry trends, reporting frameworks and regulations and standards such as TCFD, ISSB, GRI among others.
- Project Management-ensure seamless communication between all engagement stakeholders on status of allocated tasks and ensure effective financial administration on engagements.
- Prepare and take part in client presentations including trainings.
- Develop junior team members through effective coaching, supervision and training.
- Business development-identify opportunities and assist/ participate in writing winning proposal.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, Social Sciences or a Business related course from a reputable university.
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or equivalent).
- Professional certification in Sustainability reporting such as GRI Certification is desirable.
- At least 4 years’ experience of managing the process of and delivering on sustainability reporting within or for a company.
- Working knowledge of ESG reporting frameworks such as the GRI standards, Integrated Reporting (IR) Framework, Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol and (Sustainable Greenhouse Gas (GHG).
- Environment, Social and Governance Audit experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Financial Services, Public Sector and Not for Profit Organisations.
- Willingness to travel as required by client commitments and the firm.
Skills and attributes
- Socially confident and able to create a strong presence with clients and the KPMG team.
- Highly motivated team player capable of facilitating/coordinating teams across geographical regions and cultures.
- Good interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills.
- Excellent report-writing, presentation, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to multitask and ensure effective delivery of competing priorities to meet targets and objectives.
- Can-do attitude, ability to work without supervision focusing on implementation and driving change effectively.
- Be proactive/a self–starter.
- Exciting unparalleled exposure to diverse technical skills, competencies, and tools across our global firm
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unrivaled space to grow and be innovative.
How to Apply
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please use the link below to apply:
Filling the link is mandatory for consideration alongside your application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘Senior Associate – ESG Reporting by 8th July 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.