Science jobs, Engineering jobs, Computer Science jobs, Project Management jobs, Finance jobs, Actuarial jobs, IT jobs, Commerce jobs,
System Support Analyst
- The role holder will be responsible for administration, maintenance and Tier II line support for the Group enterprise systems. Responsible for maintaining, supporting, and upgrading existing systems and applications. He/she is also responsible to reinforce quality standards and adherence to business best practice, adding value to business processes and significantly contributing to the operational excellence.
- Ensures that all service level agreements (SLAs) for applications support services across the organization are delivered according to specifications.
- Provide first line and second line support and maintenance services to all enterprise systems.
- Escalates and sources expertise when necessary.
- Proactive monitoring of various production systems for performance, availability, and other critical parameters
- Ensure adequate monitoring systems that provide timely, accurate, real-time, and historical data on performance and other critical parameters
- Maintenance and administration of the Group enterprise system
- Ensure the enterprise systems is adequately sized to meet SLA’s with the business
- Define and monitor data and application availability for the enterprise system
- Document and update processes and procedures in use for the enterprise system
- Providing and monitoring SLAs and OLAs
- Adequate communication to stakeholders on the state of any tickets assigned
- Follow up and reporting on tickets escalated to third line support
- Testing new system functionality before deployment into production environments
- Test the achievement of supportability requirements for delivered solutions
- Approvals for acceptance tests
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Degree in Science/Engineering/Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years’ experience ins business system support
- Experience managing applications support operations.
Technical/ Functional competencies:
- Knowledge of applications and database administration
- Familiarity with knowledge of software, hardware, systems administration, and network technology
- Strong technical skill/knowledge in business applications especially CRM and Enterprise systems Strong knowledge of ITIL.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and diplomatic, with conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources
- Detail oriented and process focused
- The Innovation Officer will lead innovation initiatives or projects and ensure that they are implemented timely, within budget and scope, in collaboration with the respective internal process owners or external partners.
- Identifies, cultivates, and analyses trends in the external competitive market as well as in the internal organization to support business needs, particularly in social innovation.
- Develops competitive landscape analyses for countries, regions, or sectors of interest by analysing and forecasting funder, competitor, and other market trends.
- Identifies external and internal innovation opportunities that aligns with market trends and business need.
- Utilizes innovation frameworks to help develop an organizational path forward in driving more innovative outcomes for the organization.
- Collaborates with the Head of Partnerships and Digital Innovation and other functional teams to support integration of information into strategic planning recommendations.
- Ability to manage key stakeholder and client relationships, internally and externally cultivates new relationships to support Innovation and Impact Investing priorities.
- Interprets and translates data into written text and meaningful formats, including production of data visualizations (graphs, charts, tables, maps) summaries, briefs, reports and presentations for executive leadership and functional teams.
- Updates data from multiple sources within the database system on a regular basis to provide information to management to make strategic business decisions.
- Leads project management and coordination/development of work plans, deliverables, and activities.
- Ensures compliance on all partnership engagements, adherence to onboarding templates and checklists while maintaining a centralized location for all partnership
- Translate the innovations into detailed concept document, defining benefits, analysing interested parties, and defining deliverables.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenario, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Lead the project team in execution of innovation projects activities ensuring required quality standards are adhered to.
- Maintains report forms, formats, information dashboards, data generators, reports and other resources.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role with proven innovation experience.
- University degree in Finance, Actuarial, IT or Commerce.
- Project Management experience.
- Project Management Certification, MBA will be an added advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services insurance and investments.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identifies errors, and prepares reports.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and collaborate with others.
Leadership category responsibility framework (Core Competencies)
Emerging Leaders in Britam need to:
- Plan, direct and apply efficiencies and resources in order to optimise output and profitability against time, cost and team targets.
- Effectively communicate strategic and operational departmental goals and objectives to peers and others in order to ensure proper implementation.
- Ensure that department priorities are adhered to and effectively communicated.
- Ensure competent and effective people resources through appropriate coaching, development and people supervision as appropriate.
- Embody a high performance, proactive culture.
- Effectively ensure the adherence to key performance areas, deadlines and goals in order to optimise operational effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate resource needs, possible opportunities and achievements to management in order to aid them in their decision-making.
- Effectively set and monitor priorities and objectives for more junior staff.
- Understand and communicate objectives in relation to the larger organisational impact.
- Effectively disseminate knowledge within the correct context, towards subordinates as well as management.
- Appropriately model the company values while setting the pace and energy for delivering.
- Effectively manage and communicate change within the department in order to increase staff and process effectiveness.
- Provide access to accurate and consistent information and services across all channels.
- Ensure a seamless experience for clients.
- Improve service delivery for clients.
- Engage in continuous brand building to become the trusted partners to clients.