Healthcare jobs, Pharmaceutical jobs, Supply Chain Management jobs, Business Analysis jobs, Project Management jobs, Public Health jobs, International Development jobs,
Senior Technical Advisor, OVC
- Lead technical Service Delivery, budget management, monitoring and reporting activities throughout relevant project cycles – project design, start-up, implementation and close-out – in line with PATH program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices to ensure quality, timeliness and efficiency of all deliverables through the case management systems and referral networks component of the project. Ensure project team and partner staff use the appropriate systems and tools.
- Lead the development, dissemination, and implementation of strategies, approaches, guidance, standard operating procedures, tools, and various job-aids to facilitate service delivery through case management and referral and strengthen referral networks amongst social service providers.
- Take lead in providing technical assistance, guidance, and capacity strengthening for USAID NURU YA MTOTO project staff and LIPs in HIV, Education, PSS, child safeguarding and Care through case management and referral networks, ensuring learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, mentoring and coaching.
- Lead Project technical team to work with and create linkages with stakeholders involved in Adolescent service delivery with a specific focus on USAID NURU YA MTOTO Adolescent girls receiving top up and or service layering in line with DREAMS service delivery. Strengthen coordination and networking, facilitate linkages, communication, and learning exchanges between GOK entities, LIPs, and CSOs/CBOs to support strengthening of case management capacity. Apply appropriate application of partnership concepts, tools and approaches.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy. Proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to achieve the assigned project outcome. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and disseminate results. Review project documentation to ensure project file is complete with all required documentation and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Maintain relationships and represent PATH with DCS, peer organizations, research and other institutions, participate in relevant forums and knowledge networks to collect and share promising practices in case management systems and referral networks, promote PATH’ work, and contribute to the PATH learning agenda.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in social science, Public Health, Gender, International Development, Development Economics or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in project management with at least 3 years in an advisory role in relation to HIV care and treatment and/or OVC programming, ideally with an international NGO.
- Strong knowledge of the health and social service sector in Kenya.
- Demonstrated ability to develop user-friendly guidance, tools and standard operating procedures for use at health facilities, CSO/CBO and community levels.
- Relevant grant management experience, especially for USG or other public donors, a plus.
- Experience working with stakeholders at various levels including but not limited to State and government actors, LIPs, civil society, healthcare providers and social service providers.
- Experience analyzing data and contributing to evaluation reports.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong communication, relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with local stakeholders. Representation abilities.
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Good technical writing skills in English
Regional Control Tower Manager
Manage assigned country Control Tower Analysts and oversee their review, validation, and management of country data
- Execute training of assigned country Control Tower Analysts on supply chain data management principles related to VAN processes and the VAN platform.
- Onboard and act as main point of contact for assigned country Control Tower Analysts, overseeing the quality and timeliness of their work to collect, review, and validate national inventory and supply plan data for a portfolio of countries.
Support country health system strengthening by acting as a direct Control Tower Analyst tasked with training, and the review, validation, and management of data for the region and a portfolio of countries
- Execute training of assigned country users and other country and regional stakeholders on supply chain data management principles related to VAN processes and the VAN platform.
- Act as main point of contact between VAN and country and regional data providers for the collection, review, and validation of national inventory and supply plan data for a portfolio of countries.
- Work with country and regional data providers to ensure that inventory and supply plan data is submitted on time and is complete.
- Ensure that supply plans, inventory, and order/shipment data as presented in the VAN are in alignment with one another for a portfolio of countries and the region.
- Create data validation tickets and work to resolve data validation issues for the region and a portfolio of countries using the VAN ticketing system when possible, or directly with country and regional data providers.
Resolve family planning supply imbalances in collaboration with country stakeholders and the global RH community
- Collaborate with assigned in-country and regional data providers and the other Control Tower Analysts in the region to review supply exceptions flagged by the system and to determine the appropriate action to request of donors/procurers to avoid stockouts, shortages, and overstocks for at least the next 12 months.
- Work with the Control Tower Planning Manager to execute more in-depth analysis of country and regional data for the Consensus Planning Group (CPG). The CPG is a cross-organizational group of donors, procurers, and technical assistance partners working together to avoid/mitigate family planning stock imbalances.
- Present country- and region-specific issues to donors/procurer members of the CPG and make clear recommendations for action.
Lead technical support to WAHO for the Regional Committee and VAN regional approach
- Technically assist WAHO to design and update the regional committee strategic approach, policies and procedures, including updates to the terms of reference.
- Advise on the design and update of the VAN regional approach, in collaboration with WAHO.
- Act as VAN regional point of contact for advocacy in the region.
- Onboard, train and support Regional Committee members in the use of the VAN, including the expansion of the committee to include representatives from the 15 ECOWAS countries.
- Oversee the agenda development and presentation preparation for the monthly meetings of the regional committee.
- Present country- and region-specific issues to members of the Regional Committee and make clear recommendations for action.
- Document and share the meeting minutes and key actions agreed to by the members.
- Liaise with other VAN Country Analysts to identify and document issues needing discussion within the regional committee.
- Liaise with the Control Tower Planning Manager to identify areas for collaboration with the Regional Committee and to document key successes.
- Participate in regional meetings/workshops as requested by WAHO to support the use of the VAN in the region by countries, donors, and procurers.
Contribute to process improvement efforts of the VAN
- Serve as VAN liaison to assigned RHSC implementing mechanisms (such as SECONAF), as needed.
- Support continuous process improvement efforts through active participation in VAN taskforces and workstreams.
- Provide input to the development of analytics dashboards to be leveraged by the Control Tower Planning Manager, other Control Tower Members, as well as by international, multi-donor working groups.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in public health, statistics, or related area. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years of relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, that should include:
- At least three years of experience in data analysis, forecasting and/or supply planning for pharmaceuticals, preferably family planning.
- Minimum of five years in pharmaceutical supply chain management
- Experience managing/supervising others
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven experience managing relationships with global, regional, and country-level stakeholders including demonstrated ability to collaborate and partner with the West Africa Health Organization (WAHO), ministries of health and other key government stakeholders
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment
- Experience supporting and facilitating a regional forum or committee in West Africa
- Advanced analytical skills and ability to present data and analysis in easily understood infographics and data visualizations
- Strong MS Office skills
- Experience working with global donors/procurers and demonstrated understanding of their procurement practices, specifically UNFPA and USAID
- Experience working with and knowledge of family planning products or acceptable equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication ability; able to communicate and document complex processes in a clear and concise manner
- Experience working with countries in West Africa and/or WAHO
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, preferably with remote team members
- Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and work through complex problems
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English
- Fluency in English
- Experience in software training and/or digital change management.