Sales , Marketing, Retail, Business Development, Insurance ,
Business Development Officer
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the business development plan.
- Prepare quotations, and authorize within specified limits.
- Follow up on quotations to close business and to get feedback.
- Facilitate product presentations.
- Prepare BD activity reports.
- Assist in development and implementation of new products.
- Daily servicing of clients to nurture the relationship between the company and our customers.
- Ensure premium collections for business closed.
- Solicit for quotation requests, facilitate the quotation process to increase the conversion rate.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with intermediaries and clients.
- Use and update CRM and Pipeline tool on a daily basis with activities undertaken by self or as advised by the Sales manager.
- Represent UAP in business development meetings with prospective clients.
- Attend to arising customer service issues in Health business.
- Assist in selection and recruitment of agents.
- Collect market intelligence.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Presentation skills.
- strong analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Ms office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Passionate and results driven.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Progress towards ACII or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year in Business Development preferably in the Insurance Industry.
Retail Underwriting Officer
- Review and assess health insurance applications for retail customers, analyzing medical records, claims history, and other relevant information to determine underwriting terms.
- Support the retail team on Medex reports evaluation and issuance of underwriting terms.
- Calculating group and individual new and renewal rates based on customers’ background, industry and demographic information.
- Identifying portfolio risks resulting from client’s underlying business practices, underwriting investigations or fraud exposure.
- Monitoring underwriting teams, performance and providing mentoring to achieve personal and department production goals.
- Calculating group and individual premium rates based on customers’ background, industry and demographic information.
- Meeting with customers, agents and brokers to negotiate coverage, price and service delivery.
- Offering friendly and efficient service to customers, handling challenging situations with ease.
- Driving growth through collaborative engagements with various distribution channels, direct sales, insurance brokers, agents, bancassurance with enhanced service accessibility & client reach.
- Identifying skill gaps among the staff within the department & facilitate training and skill transfer sessions.
- Proactively address escalated customer issues.
- Controlling loss by assessing risk, conducting analysis and recommending policy solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field.
- Certificate in clinical related fields (e.g., Nursing, or Health Sciences) will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in clinical underwriting, preferably in the health insurance industry.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy.
- Familiarity with medical terminology, healthcare regulations, and insurance industry practices.
Assistant Underwriting Manager – Speciality Business and Product Development
The incumbent will be responsible for all the specialty line of business activities, ensure achievement of set business targets, and promote growth .
Ensure continuous product review and development of new products ion line with the company risk appetite
- Ensure profitable growth of specialty classes including but not limited to Trade Credit, large infrastructure projects, Power generation projects, Events Insurance, Kidnap & ransom, Oil and gas.
- Design a product review plan to ensure products remain relevant in the market
- Formulate and implement product development strategy , champion and take leadership of General insurance product development.
- Participate in negotiations and discussions on prospective business in growth of business in this area
- Prepare quotations as per the company’s standards of service and authority level matrix and follow through to conclusion
- Ensure timely capturing and issuance of documentation for all business relating to these classes.
- Prepare various periodic reports on the area of operation
- Daily servicing of clients to nurture the relationship between the company and our customers
- Initiate and follow with Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) authority and Reinsurance department to ensure placement of all business outside the existing treaty programs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- 1st Degree
- At least 5 papers ACII or equivalent
- 5 years
Skills and Competencies:
- Good product knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills
- Extensive networking with corporate organizations and general intermediaries
- Good analytical skills