Project Management jobs, Education jobs, Development Studies jobs, Economics jobs, Statistics jobs, Business Analysis jobs,
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be charged with the responsibility of coordinating and managing EZAKASO & GANA projects related monitoring and evaluation activities in Kilifi Program Unit. The role has an assignment to drive project Data Quality Assurance and specific data requirements for projects/programmes as well as tracking and reporting on project outcomes and impact of the EZAKASO & GANA project interventions. The M&E Officer will enable documentation of project best practices, lessons learnt and project learning. He/She will work towards profiling EZAKASO & GANA work and impact stories.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Economics, statistics, development studies or any other related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated successful coordination of M&E functions and experience.
- Grounded understanding of qualitative and quantitative methodologies in research and evaluation.
- Experience with evaluations/research logistics, administration and/or project or research management.
- Experience with database design and management including advanced use of Excel and data analysis and entry packages including at minimum SPSS, Stata, R, Epiinfo, Atlas-Ti, CSpro and the use of KOBO Collect platforms for data collection.
- Strong demonstrable levels of knowledge of and experience with gender sensitive research design, performance monitoring, impact evaluation, and / or social and environmental research methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience on Impact reporting.
The Project Officer role will include driving the day to day implementation of the EZAKASO & GANA projects in Kilifi County, while ensuring effective partnership management and meaningful engagement of stakeholders to deliver on the project. The role will- be responsible for the implementation of the project’s specified pillars, through mobilisation of project stakeholders, monitoring and reporting on progress of project activities in line with the detailed implementation plan. The role is intended to manage local partnerships (county government, community groups, learning institutions, national NGOs, corporate agencies etc.) and sustain a good working relationship with all stakeholders for seamless project success. The incumbent is expected to apply sound project implementation practices to ensure the project meaningfully reaches and positively impacts program participants.
The incumbent has a primary responsibility to ensure that partner organizations clearly understand and execute the partnership agreement and plans, while driving program excellence, risk mitigation and project management standards. He/she will actively engage in design and planning process with partners, and actively engage in project implementation, visibility, monitoring and reporting.
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Gender, Project Management, Education or Development Studies.
- Knowledge and experience on sustainable livelihoods and economic empowerment is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in 2 or more of the following program pillar areas: education, clean water and sanitation, food and nutrition, healthcare and income training and empowerment. areas,
- At least 3 or more years of relevant work experience in project management
- At least 2 years of experience managing partnerships in projects
- Demonstrable experience designing and managing gender transformative projects
- Knowledge of women economic empowerment and gender integration best practices
- Hold personal values, ethics and attitudes which are in alignment with the principles of the Plan’s values
- Motorcycle riding skills and experience as the tool of trade.
- Experience planning, organizing and facilitating trainings/workshops at school and/or community level
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
- Strong report writing skills
- Documentation of project impact stories of change
- Community facilitation, networking, partnership development and management skills
- Good communication, negotiation and advocacy skills
- Good interpersonal, relationship and team working
- Conflict Management skills
- Experience in humanitarian programming
- Experience in program phase out management.