World Vision jobs, Project Management jobs, Data jobs, Business Analysis jobs, WASH jobs, Community Development jobs,
Regional Investigations Specialist
The Investigation Specialist will be expected to plan, organize and manage workstreams as required in respect of all investigations assigned to them. Usually these will be high risk investigations implicating senior leaders and will require the successful candidate to possess a high degree of discretion and sensitivity in dealing with peers and leaders in the organization. This role will also facilitate coordination between functions that conduct investigations to help avoid conflicts or duplication in various investigations that may occur in the region. The specialist will also be expected to maintain good working relationships with the functions that conduct investigations within WV including: Employee Relations/P&C, Field Finance, Fleet Management, Safeguarding, and the Global Internal Investigations Unit, and the ERM Team. This role will be expected to maintain a working knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, case management protocols, and complaint handling systems used by each of the above functions.
30% Conducting Investigations
- At the direction of the Regional Oversight Committee, execute professional investigations into sensitive, complex, and other high risk workplace allegations in line with relevant functional case management procedures and protocols.
- Produce a high-quality investigation report that reports facts and provides management with actionable recommendations for managing risks.
- Act as a trusted advisor to Senior Leadership in communicating recommendations and advice for allegation handling for a wide variety of matters that may arise.
- Maintains appropriate case records for assigned investigations and for investigations overseen by the Regional Oversight Committee.
- Professional management and careful judgement in the handling of sensitive information sources (whistle-blower/reporter information), and the handling and documenting of evidence and investigative materials with a sophisticated understanding of confidentiality and privacy concerns.
25% Mentoring and Training other Professionals
- Provide oversight, advice, and mentoring to other professionals in the region are asked to conduct investigations on an ongoing basis, ensuring consistency and a high degree of quality.
- Regularly monitor investigations that are being overseen by the Regional Oversight Committee for quality and professionalism, providing coaching and correction as needed. Monitor and support the Roster of investigators within the region to ensure designated investigators are up to date on required trainings to ensure a consistent degree of skill and reliability.
25% Analysis & Reporting
- Identifies and tracks trends, lessons learned from investigations to inform learning, adaptation and improvement of policies, procedures and strategies. Provide the Regional Oversight Committee and Regional leadership with a holistic view of all investigations occurring within the region.
- Identify and flag any root cause or systematic issues within a given office or functional area that may require further risk management.
20% Monitor Case Management Practices
- Regularly monitor ongoing incident reports and investigations within the organizational case management systems to ensure that regional and field office staff are capturing key data needed for long-term analysis.
- Ensure cases are being closed in a timely manner and escalate any potential issues or risks to the RL for attention as needed.
- Liase with Global Centre functional units regularly to ensure good coordination amongst departments at the regional office and within field offices.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- 4-5 years’ experience as a workplace investigator Strong investigation, research and analytical skills
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong interpersonal and working relationships in a dispersed virtual, international context.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- A track record in providing strategic and tactical advice and direction to investigations being conducted by others.
- Experience with translating data into information and analysis that communicates an easily understood concept or message.
- Experience engaging and working with a wide range of senior leadership level stakeholders with sensitivity and tact.
Required Education, license, registration, and certification:
- Certified Investigator (any internationally recognized certification is acceptable).
- Bachelors Degree Excellent English language skills (oral and written).
- Fluency in a language other than English considered an asset (French, or Spanish preferred)
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Experience conducting and managing investigations within a humanitarian, foundation, or INGO an asset.
- Ability to speak more than one language a plus Knowledge of the WVI business and systems will be viewed as an asset
- Cross cultural experience working in sensitive and challenging environments where difficult conversations are required
- Demonstrated ability to support others as a mentor, trainer in a collaborative manner is highly desirable.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% percent of the time.
- English (French/Spanish)
Project Coordinator – WASH Business Center
- Identify and implement viable sanitation and Hygiene promotion technological options within the programme areas.
- Design innovative interventions/products that would facilitate change among targeted market actors and business centre
- Support WASH Business centre to improve its commercial, financial and technical competencies.
- Support the team to design interventions that would mainstream resilience, competitiveness and inclusiveness in business operations of the WASH business centre.
- Contribute to internal learning and knowledge management processes, including regular performance monitoring, programme reviews and evaluations of the WASH business centre.
- Identify opportunities for innovation and new areas for developing market systems approaches and tools for improved WASH programming through WASH business centres.
- Develop detailed implementation plans for the WASH business center project, as well as other sanitation and hygiene interventions and monitor implementation of Sanitation and hygiene project activities in the area programs. Provide support in implementation of Sanitation and Hygiene projects to ensure quality, effectiveness and timely implementation.
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to Sanitation and Hygiene are effectively implemented by staff within the area program Collaborate with the Advisor- sanitation and hygiene to provide the AP with the appropriate technical orientation needed to achieve proposed child and community well-being outcomes through sanitation and hygiene initiatives; Ensure that AP staff monitor and support the timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for S&H related project activities; Support in policy formulation and Capacity building of both staff and communities running the WASH business centre.
- Preparation of bills of quantities for projects e.g VIP latrines and pre – cast sanitation slabs where needed. Participate in development of timely and accurate funding proposals in line with donor requirements and WVK standards in collaboration with AP technical staff and other sector specialists in WVK. Coordinate and Support smooth running of existing centres in Kalawa and Bartabwa as well as Start-up of new WASH Business Centers in Mwatate and Bandaptai and where else it will be needed and ensure full integration with vision fund for microfinance.
- Collect, analyze, interpret and compile reports that communicate gaps in the WASH business centres.
- Record number of people trained and reached by several hygiene promotion messages, Loans uptake and behavior change.
- To record all community contributions either in materials, cash form etc and estimate their local monetary value.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and end of projects reports on Sanitation & hygiene and ensure that the reports are prepared in a timely manner and in accordance with WV Kenya and Donor requirements.
- Document and disseminate best practices on sanitation & hygiene interventions and microfinance.
- Provide technical support during, Assessment, Planning, Designing, baselines, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
Advocacy, Engagement with strategic partners, Linkages and networks & partnership development
- Collaborate with Ministry of Health and other relevant departments in implementing the S&H activities and aligning WASH business processes to existing national guidelines and policies.
- Liaise with consultants and government line ministries in providing relevant S&H technical advice to WASH project Manager and Community Build strong relationships with businesses, Vision Fund, private sector and government partners across the county to accelerate WASH services through WASH microfinance.
- Promote advocacy on sanitation and Hygiene issues within the programme area. Participate in Sanitation and Hygiene coordination and other meetings as may be required in the programme area.
- Liaison with the County government in identification of areas of collaboration and scale in WASH access.
- Engage with key stakeholders, Community, government, church and other civil society representatives within the AP in order to maximize the impact of AP efforts. Any other relevant responsibility as may be assigned by the Area Program leadership or other relating supervisors
- Work with other partners, including Vision fund in the WASH microfinance Project implementation for synergy and achievement of bigger impact and sustainability.
- Representation of WV Kenya in key S&H stakeholder forums/meetings at the Ward, Sub-County levels, TWGs forums
- Support any other duty on needs basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Degree in public/Environmental health, community development or relevant WASH field
- A minimum of 5 years proven experience for degree holder in working/programming in either relief or development including managing a large-scale community-based project with components of sanitation and hygiene and with evidence of successful implementation of similar projects.
- Working experience in the commercial sector and/or economic development or management under the market system development space with bias to WASH.
- Good commercial acumen – appreciation of budgeting and financial management.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills, problem-solving, judgment and decision making skills and the ability to monitor and explain trends and variances.
- Good negotiation and persuasion skills with the ability to influence people positively
- Wide experience in development work in sanitation and hygiene in the NGO sector
- Expertise in partnership and collaborations with community, county governments and other S&H related institutions under WASH micro-finance.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Ms Office
- Proposal/Concept writing skills for fund raising.