Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Banking jobs,Sales and Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs,
- To provide excellent customer experience, deliver exceptional branch business growth and profitability. To observe compliance & control requirements, keeping high level of bank standards
- Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
- To deliver business enablement support services through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs). Selecting this role has a compensation & benefit impact in Kenya. Please contact Reward for details.
- To implement the Global Markets Sales business strategy according to the Director, Global Markets Sales and the Absa Market Sales Strategy and Policies & Procedures, and in line with Group Values.
Markets sales dealing – 80 %
- Under the guidance of the Director, Market Sales actively participating in the implementation of the Market Sales Strategy in line with the Absa Market Sales Strategy and Country sales requirements
- Acting as the primary point of contact for both internal (Corporate, Commercial & Retail) and external Market Sales clients, while ensuring regular face-to-face engagement with the respective teams to promote teamwor
- Manage one’s client portfolio, to include:
- Daily contact with clients who have completed the Terms of Business (TOB)
- Regular face-to-face interaction with clients in one’s portfolio
- Regular contact with principle Relationship Managers
- Managing the Business Bankingg portfolio and support the team in the management of the other client portfolios where needed
- Under the direction of the head of Market sales – RBB achieving a leading position in the chosen products, markets and segments by:
- Spending at least 50% of one’s time meeting with existing and identified new clients
- Giving superior customer service
- Presenting the full Absa product set to clients whilst managing the product portfolio to suit client needs
- Expanding the customer base as is appropriate
- Undertaking customer visits and joint customer visits with the coverage teams
- Actively participating in client events with Absa , including training and seminars, and Entertaining clients as permitted under the bank and group compliance policies
- Managing Business Banking Segment portfolio to generate strong growth and sustainable returns over the business cycle with special focus on Customer Service and Financial Performance
- Ensure that Counterparty credit limits are not exceeded
- Assisting the Head of Market sales – RBB in achieving strategic and tactical objectives
Reporting – 5%
Key actions to include:
- Providing weekly reporting on client growth, volume and profitability in one’s own portfolio
- Providing detailed Management Information to the Director, Market sales on the composition, performance and profitability of the client portfolios on a monthly basis
- Assisting the Head of Market sales -RBB with any ad-hoc reporting requests
Personal Development – 5%
Key actions to include:
- Actively managing one’s own technical and soft skills development in conjunction with the Director, Market sales.
- Researching, identifying and proposing training solutions for own development to the Director, Market sales.
Risk Management – 10%
Key actions to include:
- Maintaining a strong compliance culture.
- Adhering to all the policies and procedures of the bank.
- Ensuring that all deals are dealt within dealer limits (market risk limits, counterparty limits, dealer’s mandate)
- Ensuring high quality of service to all clients (reputational risk).
Risk & Control Objective
- “Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Knowledge, Experience & Expertise;
- Knowledge of Global Markets Sales products
- Knowledge of the Business Banking Segment dynamics
- Knowledge of global happenings and trends in the Financial markets
- Knowledge of Sales Techniques
- Understanding of interest rate and foreign exchange markets
- Understanding of the mathematic of pricing for FX
- Understanding of interest rate risk, foreign exchange risk and credit risk
- Understanding of the policies, procedures and ethical requirements of a Market environment
- Understanding of Market back office operations
- Communication skills
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan and Global Foreign Currency Markets.
- Strong understanding of foreign currency portfolio management.
- Strong product management capabilities.
- Highly developed analytical skills, problem solving and planning abilities
- Communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills for calculation of statistics, figures and targets and understanding of product profit drivers
- Strong team player, innovative- sell new ideas, build and maintain key relationships and with the ability to influence
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Strong business awareness
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver under tight deadlines
- Excellent Stakeholder management
- Understanding of Risk Management Products across the various asset classes
- Understanding of political and economic activity and the impacts on exchange rates and interest rates
- Understanding of industry, advisory, regulatory and professional bodies
- Knowledge of Absa products and systems that support them, and a good understanding of Absa Group products
- Knowledge of Absa Governance processes
Application Deadline – 23 June 2023