Data Analysis jobs, Human Resources Management jobs, Agronomy jobs, Environmental Science jobs, Research jobs,
Analyst – Human Resources Management
About the position
- The Human Resource (HR) Analyst, reporting to the Regional Human Resources Manager, will be responsible for providing administrative support within the Human Resources Unit and provide frontline customer support to all staff who require access to general human resource services. This position will be located in Alliance Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Manage, review, and respond to the HR internal and external communication flow( drafting correspondence and responding to queries from internal clients).
- Initiate online requisitions (in Agresso) for payment of regional HR-related services.
- Draft consultancy contract requests, facilitating required clearances and follow up on consultancy contract payments.
- Coordinate management of the staff medical schemes by facilitating hospitalizations, medical amendments including deletions, additions, renewals, and claims.
- Support management of Group Life Assurance (GLA) and Group Personal Accident (GPA) schemes by keeping staff updated on changes and send updated staff details to service providers.
- Working closely with the HR Analyst to track employee and student contracts ensuring adequate notice is provided for renewals and non-renewals.
- Support management of staff exit and separation processes and update staff/dependent records accordingly.
- Maintain schedule and coordinator calendar of activities for the monthly HR regional meetings.
- Support the monthly payroll process by consolidating inputs.
- Facilitate required HR documentation to support project and institutional audits.
- Organize, compile, and update employee records both in physical files and electronically.
- Organize and coordinate staff welfare schemes and initiatives.
Required qualifications and Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in human resource management gained in an international organization.
- Bilingual, Proficient in English and French languages, with advanced skills in both written and oral communication. Fluency in the French language is a mandatory requirement.
- IHRM Membership is a requirement.
- Ability to organize and compose clear, concise reports in both English and French.
- Good understanding of Kenya employment labor laws and practices.
- High level of computer skills with ability to handle Human Resources Information Systems and to learn new applications quickly.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a high level of integrity and respect for confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with a strong administrative service orientation
Research Associate – Agronomy
- Coordinates research efforts consistent with the established research/experimental design and implementation according to specific milestones.
- Monitors execution of research procedures and experimental protocols, and reviews data quality to ensure consistency with established guideline.
- Advises research team on progress of research activities and identifies issues in the implementation of experiments and data quality.
- Guides stakeholders (enumerators/students) on the collection/sharing of data, and on compliance with experimental protocols to support research/experimental project
- Supervises field staff (e.g. casuals) on management of field trials.
- Organizes review of experimental/research data aligned to testing schedules and project timelines, identifies and responsively addresses issues in execution.
- Sustains quality of research work by ensuring that field research and laboratory procedures are executed consistently and with rigor in accordance with established research and safety guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Agronomy/Environmental Science (Master’s degree will be an added advantage).
- Experience with agronomic trial set-ups and data collection
- Experience in data handling and database management
- Knowledge in conducting good literature reviews.
- Knowledge of R statistical software
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.