Project Management jobs, Research jobs, Biostatistics jobs, Public Health jobs,
Researcher, New Program Development
- Guide the development and design of Evidence Action’s next programs through detailed desk-based research to assess the evidence base, total addressable market, cost-effectiveness, implementation feasibility, and strategic fit of promising interventions.
- Stay abreast of research trends and recent publications in the sector; interpret large quantities of evidence to inform program decision-making.
- Interpret and implement statistical/epidemiological models to understand the potential impacts of our programming.
- Work with the cost-effectiveness team and our Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation staff to design, and continuously refine cost-effectiveness models, monitoring frameworks, theories of change, and program evaluations.
- Design and consult on early-stage field activities, program scoping, and piloting of new programs in select countries. Use the results from these activities to inform the design of program implementation.
- Conduct stakeholder outreach (study authors, implementing organizations, donors) to solicit feedback on new programs, their design, key gaps, and whether there is interest in collaborating with Evidence Action.
- Develop and nurture mutually beneficial relationships with partner organizations (e.g., implementing organizations, government officials, academic researchers).
- Independently lead high-stakes meetings with donors and government officials; present the business case for potential new programs.
- Highly literate in interpreting and analyzing research, especially study design. Experience with reviewing academic literature, performing cost-effectiveness analyses, and synthesizing large quantities of evidence and data for decision making in program design and implementation.
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills in areas such as epidemiological/statistical modeling, econometrics
- Master’s degree in a related field such as statistics, biostatistics, public health, or economics
- Strong task management and organizational skills; proven ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience in effectively communicating and negotiating with, presenting to, and managing a variety of stakeholders in multicultural settings, including researchers, implementing partners, donors, and government officials.
- Advanced verbal, writing, and presentation skills in English;
- Ability to communicate complex research methodologies and findings to a non-technical audience clearly and succinctly.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Ability to travel internationally, up to 25%.
Program Associate, Deworm the World
- The Program Implementation Associate, Kenya, Deworm the World, ensures that drugs and materials are provided in the correct quantities in the correct places at the correct times. S/he works closely with team members to ensure successful planning and execution of deworming treatment under the National School-Based Deworming Program.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Associate Manager:
Program Management Support:
- Update training materials based on recommendations and requests received from programme partners.
- Contribute to the review of training materials at all stages of implementation.
- Participate in programme strategy development meetings and contribute to logistical implications of proposed decisions.
- Contribute to the annual programme implementation design and planning that informs the contracting processes with donors.
- Participate in field activities in which government and other partners are invited to ensure clarity of implementation components as observed in the field.
- Document the challenges experienced during programme implementation and provide recommendations for future adjustments in approaches and activities.
- Participate in the execution of programme training activities, meetings, and donor reporting as assigned.
- Scheduling county meetings for National School Based Deworming (NSBD) and communicating with county leadership on cascade dates and any revisions.
- Follow up events of the deworming day for any reports of severe adverse events and report to the Associate Manager.
- Documenting any unique features from counties and sub-counties requiring special attention.
- Assist in the development of the programme budget.
- Provide support to convene Management Team meetings
Printing and materials:
- Ensuring compliance with program requirements for cost-effective, compliant printing of quality training materials.
- Engaging the designer to format and update training materials.
- Monitoring the progress of printing work, including assessing sample print job quality and conducting periodic spot checks.
- Developing labels and sub-county packaging summaries for material identification.
- Managing materials dispatch, including supervising loading and briefing transporters.
- Creating and managing customized transport and logistical itineraries for material, trainer, and drug delivery.
- Negotiating with counties on material receipt, storage, and final dispatch to sub-counties.
- Monitoring program transport vendors for the delivery of various deliverables/materials to program sites.
- Coordinating material pick-up by Sub-County Director of Education (SCDEs) from the county HQ and overseeing distribution to sub-counties for sufficiency at all levels of the cascade.
- Ensure appropriate materials distribution to and within counties and sub-counties.
- Ensure that all Schistosomiasis (SCH) schools receive tablet poles of the right quality and quantity.
- Report on materials procurement and distribution chain.
- Maintain communication with the printer including discussion of the print list and packaging.
- Coordinating with Ministry of Health (MOH) and Kenya Medical Supplies Agency (KEMSA) representatives on drug dispatch timelines and Confirming expiry dates of the programme’s drugs consignment.
- Coordinate drug storage at the regional depots and final dispatch to the Sub-counties while providing seamless guidance to KEMSA staff on the regions on the management of the drugs before the county pharmacist picks them.
- Communicating with counties and the sub-county’s MOHs about drug arrival, collection dates, and available funds for the exercise.
- Advising county pharmacists on picking the right drug quantities for their sub-counties at the KEMSA regional depot.
- Share quantification summary sheets with the County pharmacists.
- Monitor delivery of drugs to Teacher Training Sessions (TTSs) to ensure all schools receive sufficient drugs for deworming day.
- Monitoring drug pick-up by all Sub-County Medical Officer of Health (SCMOHs), confirming with Form P and delivery notes.
- Mitigate any challenges relating to drugs reported from the sub-counties, including expiry date and batch number issues and redistribution or transfer of drugs between sub-counties.
- Report on the drug distribution chain after requisition and implementation.
- Ensuring drug accountability through tab return forms at the sub-county level.
- Ensure the availability of drug documentation in close collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- Supervise casual laborers during the packing of training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Program/Project Management or a relevant field;
- At least a minimum of 2-4 years experience working in a related program support capacity;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on a multi-faceted team;
- Experience working with government stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal skills, working across teams and cultures;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects at once;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be a productive member of a community of people at work, respecting differences while working toward shared goals, comfort with periods of ambiguity, and constructive participation in ongoing organizational development;
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; personal initiative; reliability, flexibility and follow-up;
- Proficiency using standard office software and demonstrated skill with web research tools;
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- Personal qualities of humility, capacity for self-reflection, and a sense of humour.