NGO jobs, Sales & Marketing jobs, Business Development jobs, Project Management jobs,
Project Manager – EC FPA Grant
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure each project under the category is delivered on time and meets the agreed objectives of the wider strategy.
- Develop, monitor, and manage the project budget to deliver the category strategy and associated projects, using resources effectively in accordance with the funder’s requirements.
- Monitor budget usage and ensure conformity to project specifications.
- Formulate strategies to mitigate any risks to project delivery.
Project Planning and Coordination:
- Lead the development of the project implementation strategy and conceptual frameworks.
- Support the needs assessment, stakeholder mapping, and analysis process.
- In conjunction with the Heads of Region, develop and implement project plans to ensure that project tasks are planned and implemented correctly.
Partnership and Collaboration:
- Support Project Officers, and thematic leads in planning and implementing project tasks, ensuring correct budget use and conformity to project specifications.
- Prepare and regularly review a detailed risk assessment for projects to identify, manage, and mitigate risks.
- Facilitate effective liaison between the organization and project implementation partners, and stakeholders
- Support the adaptation and implementation of the Fairtrade standards globally, with collaboration from other functions within Fairtrade.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure the effective monitoring and evaluation of projects within the portfolio by supporting field staff to capture and submit result-based narrative reports.
- Assist in collecting monitoring data with the M&E team to coordinate impact or evaluation studies in the region.
- Coordinate, organize, and formulate narrative and financial reports in accordance with project, donor, and organizational requirements.
- Support and respond to financial and program audit to improve project performance.
- Establish and maintain a database of all project documents and reports.
- Disseminate top-level program recommendations and key learnings with staff and relevant stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Economics, Agriculture, or related field
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 5 years’ experience in planning, developing, and managing projects in the agricultural sector
- Experience in external representation with governments, civil society donors and producer networks.
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Project management skills
- Proposal writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound budgeting skills
- Ability to be creative and think flexibly
21st Dec 2023
- The Commercial Director will promote and expand FTA members’ commercial activity that will help generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth and improved livelihoods in Africa. Working as part of the Leadership Team, the Commercial Director will lead FTA’s functional efforts to optimize sales for our members under Fairtrade terms and to assist them in capturing additional value from the respective supply chains. Responsible for drafting, implementing, and evaluating cross-functional strategies that will enable FTA members’ commercial efforts on the ground and work as one with other parts of the Fairtrade International system to optimize the value captured for our farmers and workers.
- The ideal candidate will hold a university degree, combined with a specialization in commerce, marketing, and sales.
The ideal candidate will have worked in a commercial senior role at a well-known organization and with a proven success track record, with:
- At least seven years of senior-level commercial management experience with a reputable organization.
- Has strong business and commercial strategy background that will be suitable for the Africa region.
- Proven and demonstrable experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key stakeholders and clients.
- Proven relevant commercial and value chain experience working in both developed and developing markets across multiple countries and cultures.
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis.
- An extensive network of relevant commercial contacts across different African, Middle East and Asian countries.
- Experience in the delivery of strong marketing campaigns, media management and/or branding and implementing marketing plans with measurable results.
- Ability to build effective working relationships across functional areas will be essential together with solid experience of leading change management programmes.
- The ability to influence and build consensus with member organizations and shape strategic and policy direction and decisions of Fairtrade.
- Ability to fundraise
- Proven experience in budget management and operational planning.
- Creative, innovative, proactive, and good organization skills.
- Experience in setting up systems and structures for a directorate.