Engineering jobs, Technical jobs, Internships jobs,
Machine Operator (Utilities)
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that Utilities machines run efficiently, safely and effectively.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Operate all utilities on site for example, Boilers, Air Compressors, Diesel Generator, Chilling plants and water pumps.
- Carry out routine preventive and corrective maintenance of all utility machines.
- Maintain adequate stocks of all consumables for all utility machines.
- Maintain logbook of maintenance service and regulatory inspections of utility machines, pressure vessels and Hoists.
- Ensure machine rooms are always clean.
- Maintain daily consumption record of all machine consumables,
- Cary out routine inspections of all utility plants.
- Ensure all safety risks are mitigated in all utility lines and promptly report any deviation.
- A Certificate in Electrical, Mechanical or Production Engineering.
- A certified Boiler operator and technician certificate in an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in a production setting in a similar organisation.
- Working technical knowledge on basic machine operations and maintenance is an added advantage.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages.
- An appreciation of system thinking and how actions impact on other systems.
- Strong numerical aptitude and analytical abilities.
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
- A good appreciation of safe working procedures.
- Diligence and ability to work with little or no supervision.
- High level of integrity.
Brief description of duties and responsibilities:
To maintain all electrical equipment for optimal availability of equipment and to give assistance with the co-ordination of line activities to meet the production plan.
Competence/Skills required for task/job
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in carrying out routine fixes and maintenance.
- Ability to do manual work over a long period of time.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- High level of Integrity.