NGO jobs, Consultancy jobs, Project Management jobs, Finance jobs, Accounting jobs, Audit jobs,
System Change Specialist – Finance Consultant
- The System Change Specialist – Finance will serve as the support during the transition from Sun System to Microsoft Dynamics. This role is critical for ensuring a seamless migration, system clean- up, and efficient implementation.
- The Specialist will report directly to the Head of Finance and is expected to provide comprehensive support and coordination for a period of up to 2 months.
- Ensure a thorough clean-up of all Practical Action Kenya the accounts before closing Q3.
- Address and close dormant accounts.
- Post adjustments to rectify issues identified in recent management discussions.
- Support the clean and smooth closure of Period 3 in January, ensuring all necessary adjustments are made.
- Support in the development of a strategy for migrating data from the old system to the new one.
- Support execution of data migration processes, ensuring accuracy and completeness of the data.
Communication and Coordination:
- Attend regular project meetings with the roll out team in the lead-up to the system roll-out and provide the required support.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation:
- Reconcile balance sheet balances to support the data migration process.
- Post corrections to address any identified issues arising.
Roll-Out Plan Communication:
- Confirm a downtime period for SUN during data migration.
- Support in the review progress towards roll-out in regular meetings with the global project team.
- Support in conducting reviews during go-live and post go-live, adjusting processes as needed.
- Ensure that the new accounting system complies with relevant accounting standards, regulations, and industry best practices.
How to apply
- Interested independent consultants that have the capacity to deliver this TOR are invited to submit a complete proposal to email@example.com with subject line “System Change Specialist – Finance” to reach Practical Action on or before 31st December 2023. All information/data given will be in the strictest confidence and will only be used for recruitment purposes.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and CPA finalist.
- Strong finance background with at least 7 years proven hands-on experience and exceptional skills in reconciliation.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Suite packages.
- Good Knowledge of Sun System and/or other accounting systems.
Gender Equality & Social Inclusion Analysis Consultant
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- Gender equality and social inclusion are critical components of achieving sustainable development. Without understanding the different needs and experiences of women entrepreneurs the WEEK 3 project will not be able to achieve its defined outcomes.
- The analysis will investigate how the status of women affect their ability to lead, participate and benefit from energy access and a just and inclusive energy transition. The barriers and issues identified will be addressed directly and challenged through the project to achieve progress towards gender equality and social inclusion within the energy sector, and especially within the project areas.
- The aim of the GESI assessment is to identify the key gender and inclusion issues at play in the community and at system level, particularly within the energy space. The result of the assessment will be used to develop an evidence-driven gender action plan and ensure that gender transformative approaches are mainstreamed across the programme’s design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, as well as in the development of the project’s learning agenda.
The specific objectives of the analysis include:
- To better understand the root causes of gender inequalities i.e., the barriers and other underlying issues that are preventing gender transformation within the energy space.
- To support the mainstreaming of gender transformation across WEEK 3 project Theory of Change based on analysis findings.
- To facilitate an effective gender inclusion approach into the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) frameworks, project work plan, budget, and key program interventions, including the development of project influencing plan.
- To support the design and development of effective gender capacity building initiatives for WEEK 3 project participants, stakeholders and staff.
How to apply
- Interested consulting entities that have capacity to deliver this TOR are invited to submit a complete proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Gender Equality & Social Inclusion Analysis Consultant” to reach Practical Action on or before 21st December 2023.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
A consulting entity and individuals that meets the above requirements and is available within the time limit indicated above should submit the following:
- Technical proposal that includes the consultants’ understanding of the assignment and context, approach to the assignment, methodology and work plan for performing the assignment.
- Recent CV including experience in similar assignments.
- Financial proposal in Kenya Shillings clearly indicating the budgeted cost for the work to be conducted by the consultant under the scope of work.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your application to email@example.com