Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Project Management, Consultancy Jobs, Career Opportunities,
Volunteer Business Mentor for Kilmeap Project
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Training ICS LMEs on Business Skills Development, Agency Empowerment, Selfleadership, and other areas based on identified capacity gaps.
- Providing customized one-on-one business mentoring support to ICS Last Mile Entrepreneurs in the project areas as per the identified needs.
- Coordinating the formation of Village Savings and Loaning Associations (VSLAs) among the ICS LMEs
- Organizing for group networking and information sharing sessions among the LMEs
- Making regular monitoring of LMEs businesses to ensure implementation as per the project goal
- Organizing meetings in liaison with project implementation team for any planned field activities
- Collecting data/information from LMEs for regular monitoring of project indicators.
- Coordinating the generation of reports from the LMEs in the respective regions Any other task that may be assigned by Project Manager/Project Officer-Enterprise Development
Experience and Qualification
- A graduate degree in Business related discipline, Sales and Marketing or any other relevant field with at least 2 years’ working experience or a Diploma with at least 3 years working experience in business development services for small and micro enterprises.
- Experience in financial inclusion, household energy value chains (Improved Cookstoves) and Agency Empowerment programs for energy entrepreneurs will be an added advantage
- He/she must be experienced in adult capacity building; especially in the fields of business skills development and Village Savings and Loaning Associations (VSLAs)
- The incumbent will have strong communication skills in English, Swahili and local languages, training and coaching skills as well as excellent time management, organizational, networking and liaison skills
- He/she will also have In-depth knowledge and understanding of the renewable energy sub-sector of Kenya
- He/she will be proficient in Computer application with knowledge in use of online reporting platforms and report writing.
- In addition, the incumbent will be self-motivated and with the ability to work under minimal supervision
- The person will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders across different sectors
- Immediate availability is highly desirable
on or before 18th July 2023.
Consultant to Manage the Planning and Hosting of the Regenerative Agriculture Conference in Kisumu
- Coordinate the conference planning in partnership with the Conference Organizing Committee.
- Develop and secure approval for the event’s budget.
- Develop the conference programme.
- Identify and invite participants, including Keynote Speakers, presenters, panellists, and exhibitors.
- Co-ordinate online registration and confirmation of conference participants.
- Identify and book appropriate conference venue for 100 pax (tentative), including plenary, breakout rooms and exhibition area.
- Identify and secure accommodation and transport services for selected participants.
- Coordinate conference publicity, including a dedicated conference page on Practical Action’s website, social media, advertisements, media coverage and other strategies.
During the Conference
- Coordinate the logistics of the programme, including but not limited to onsite registration, plenary and breakout sessions, exhibition booths and equipment functionalities.
- Provide conference participants with name tags and branded carrier bag containing relevant branded stationery and information packs.
- Ensure conference décor, branding and signage meet agreed Practical Action’s standards.
- Manage shooting and editing of conference photos and videos.
- Arrange and manage logistics for a field excursion for select conference participants.
- Co-ordinate relevant reimbursements and allowances for conference participants.
- Co-ordinate a mocktail and dinner for conference participants.
After the Conference
- Schedule a meeting with Practical Action’s Conference organising committee within two weeks post-conference to evaluate the outcomes and learnings from the event.
- Hand over conference videos, photos, final report, and other relevant materials.
Time Frame and Key Deliverables
- This consultancy will take approximately 45 working days (24th July 2023- 15th September 2023). The consultant will be expected to:
- Prepare and submit a technical and financial proposal.
- If selected, prepare an inception report detailing the plan for preparation, execution, and completion of the conference.
- Coordinate and deliver the conference in line with the contract.
- Organise planning meetings in close liaison with the organising committee.
- Deliver final conference report, photos, videos, and other materials.
- Administrative and logistical support
- The Consultant will be accountable to the conference organizing committee and will receive day to day support from Practical Action’s Communication’s Unit during the assignment.
Required Competences and Experiences
- Proven record of accomplishment in organizing events of a similar nature (references and contact persons will be required).
- Must be a fully registered company and must be willing to show documentation of the same.
on or before 14th July 2023.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send a motivation letter for the volunteer Business Mentor position; including an updated CV to Practical Action Kenya office by email to email@example.com with subject line Business Mentor – Baringo to reach Practical Action
Qualified and interested consultants should submit the following:
UN Jobs Salary Scale | United Nations Salary Range
- A cover letter outlining relevant experience in planning and managing similar events.
- Detailed technical and financial proposals in Kenya Shillings.
- CVs of the consultant (s).
- Evidence of experience in similar work
- Company registration and tax compliance certificates