Project Management jobs, Data Science jobs, Research jobs,
Strathmore Energy Research Centre (SERC) is seeking to hire a Researcher. This position will be responsible for providing research assistance in SERC by collecting data, keeping records, conducting literature and technical research, analyzing data and preparing reports.
- Provide assistance in preparation of research proposals and implementation of research projects.
- Assist in collecting various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects within the Research Centre.
- Assist in keeping records of information obtained during research. This may include development and maintenance of a database of information, hard files, etc.
- Assist in conducting literature review in relation to research projects undertaken in the Research Centre.
- Participate in conducting of technical research required by the Research Centre
- Provide assistance in data analysis and preparation of research reports.
- Assist in coordinating the research events such as the conferences within a Research Centre.
- Facilitate the preparation of competitive research grant applications by reviewing non-technical aspects of grants, ensuring applicants comply with grant guidelines and engaging grantors to clarify issues.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities in the Centre and act as the primary administrative point of contact for internal research staff.
- Coordinate conferences workshops, seminars, conferences and other research development activities.
- Develop and maintain records of research activities in the Centre and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by the Director.
Ideal candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Energy or related field such as Environment, Engineering or sustainability etc from a recognized institution.
- Relevant experience in research, and 2 years relevant working experience or more.
- Sound analytical, organizational, task management and negotiation skills dynamic and innovative.
- Advanced computer skills, including word processing, spread sheet, power point, data management, and other packages;
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills in both English and Kiswahili with an ability to interact with a very broad spectrum of stakeholders.
Project Assistant – SERC
Strathmore Energy and Research Centre (SERC), seeks to create a new position for a Project Assistant that came about due to the growth of the Kenya CCG Network and the need to support the CCG-CGE SU Collaboration programme. The Project Assistant will coordinate and monitor the Kenya CCG Network and assist the National and International CCG Network researchers and Workstream leads in achieving their research goals in-country. This position is responsible for project management, administration and coordination while building and cultivating sustainable key relationships within the Kenya CCG Network participants as well as national and international organization partners.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with SERC and the Kenya CCG Program Coordinator, to develop a detailed roadmap, timeline, and milestones for the projects under the CCG Kenya network.
- Under general supervision, organizes and supports in-country research needs assessment, stakeholder consultation, network development and review.
- Assists in the Kenya CCG Network development by organizing all Special Interest Groups, soliciting, and collecting programmatic feedback from stakeholders, in order to develop adjustments to the program to improve research and energy sector work and program efficiency.
- Coordinates internal and external stakeholder activity in this process by scheduling and organizing meetings, taking minutes, and circulating them same after review, and planning requisite events.
- Acts as point of contact for individual projects during development, doing outreach, handling queries and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Collates extensive information on regional and international programs for benchmarking and other purposes during the life of the project.
- Assists with project communications throughout the process with internal and external stakeholders before, during and after energy sector stakeholders’ engagements.
- Assists in development of communication strategy and create presentation materials where necessary.
- Tracks progress of all activity during projects implementation and alerts supervisors of any potential issues.
- Assist with tracking projects expenditure, preparing financial and progress reports as per the funders and institutions agreements
- Support SERC in other relativities where necessary
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: sustainable energy, renewable energy technologies, chemistry, Physics, biochemistry, forestry, agriculture, environmental science, engineering (mechanical, chemical, electrical, energy) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in project management in the energy sector or in a role in comparable that is in line with the advertised position.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong administration, organization, and coordination skills
- Excellent reading, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and diplomacy skills, ability to convene meetings
- Ability to work well in a team and as an individual: collaborative, good-natured, strong work ethic, self-motivated, passionate, and able to be self-managed
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Project Assistant – SERC” on the subject line to email@example.com by 2nd May 2023