Technical Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Construction Jobs,
In this position, you will work with the Development Team to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using AutoCAD and or other related design software and the scope of the job will span all elements of the project life cycle. Work will include updating changes to various masterplans, and site plans, preparing parcel plans and layouts as well as drawing up planning concepts and schemes as instructed by the development team.
- Preparation of drawings: – Layouts, Profiles and detailing of Roads, Water Supply, Storm and Sewer systems drawings.
- Use AutoCAD to prepare dimensioned drawings for large scale and detailed site plans
- Translate hand drawings and sketches into CAD drawings
- Georeferencing Drawings to ensure all services are catered to and clashes solved.
- Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications.
- Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
- Review design layouts to find and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts.
- Read and understand 2D and 3D drawings.
- Create and update a database of design records for future reference purposes.
- Attend regular development meetings.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Architecture/Planning with 5+ years’ experience in construction industry.
- Demonstrable understanding of space planning.
- Experience in using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign). Proficiency in use of MS office, including word & excel.
- Ability to quickly draw up layouts as instructed.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Ensure that all civil & infrastructure activities are well planned and coordinated
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Direct and supervise construction workers and subcontractors
- Assist in selection and oversee manpower, equipment, and materials to sustain the work efficiency and track inventory
- Coordinate with PM for procurement of tools and materials to conform to the workloads, plans and schedules
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Provide technical advices to resolve problems
- Review reports from Supervisors/Foreman, and advise on corrective actions if project becomes behind schedule or over the budget.
- Prepare internal and/or external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, assist in drafting contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Review and report on cost submissions and payment certificates prepared by subcontractor for completeness of all necessary information and supporting documentation to substantiate the cost. Identify and request any/all missing documents and review that all supporting documents are properly correlated and cross referenced.
- Request, review and comment on, pricing information and its supporting documents such as but not limited to quotations, purchase orders, invoices, unit price-build-ups, measurement of quantities.
- Prepare unit prices benchmarks based on similar and/or analogous items.
- Review and supervise quantities measurement when required.
- Utilize effective traffic control techniques to ensure safety of project site workers and those passing through a work zone.
- Implement effective safety measures on site and use safety management techniques to conduct incident investigations, identify deficiencies, and implement effective countermeasures.
- Ensure road design and construction practices integrate road safety best practices.
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree of Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in roads, infrastructure, sewerage, drainage & micro – tunneling works.
- MUST have extensive experience in Roads and infrastructure projects.
- MUST have extensive knowledge of construction equipment
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
Method of Application
Use the emails(s) below to apply
If qualified and interested, please send your CV and cover letter to the mail 15th March, 2023 clearly indicating the position title on the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.