NGO jobs, UNHCR jobs, Education & Training jobs,
Senior PSP Assistant (Community)
The successful candidate will have strong relationship management skills, extensive community engagement skills and strong project and event management experience. The successful candidate will have the ability to identify partnership and income generating opportunities and respond swiftly and innovatively. Strong communication skills – persuasive in both verbal and written communication, strong presentation and public speaking skills. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of fundraising mechanisms and KPIs (key performance indicators) including ROI, CPA, average gift, etc. The desired candidate will be calm under pressure, committed to quality and best practices, innovative, creative, a problem solver with a hands-on can-do attitude with a positive, committed and self-motivated disposition.
- Develop diverse and effective community fundraising strategies to maximize income from community fundraising;
- Lead the development, coordination and rolling out of, annual programme of community fundraising activities to raise income;
- Create LuQuLuQu Student Clubs in universities and schools to support community fundraising strategy and develop engagement activities;
- Lead community fundraising through online peer-to-peer and crowdfunding platforms across the whole process through research, recruitment, communication, engagement, promotion, and amplification;
- Actively engage with desired demographics and manage LuQuLuQu calendar of activities e.g., Step for Safety, faith-based campaigns;
- Research, edit, write, and create fundraising communications assets for various types of communities both online and offline;
- Manage a database of community donors that adheres to data protection laws in the county and organizational policies;
- Manage social media platforms related directly to community fundraising;
- Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor to meet the level of the services in the organization.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Successful community fundraising initiatives that foster public awareness, engagement and monetary support to help UNHCR provide life-saving assistance to people forced to flee;
- Cultivation of community groups that are onboarded as supporters of UNHCR and help raise funds to support our work;
- Quarterly reporting on deliverables in terms of amount raised, community fundraising initiatives organized and seen to fruition.
Qualifications and Experience
Education (Level and area of required and/or preferred education)
- For G5 – 2-year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1-year Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- Minimum of 2-year relevant experience with High School Diploma or 1-year Bachelor or higher;
- Experience with planning and organizing events;
- Experience coordinating volunteers, engaging with student clubs, and community groups is an asset;
- Experience working with celebrity supporters, digital influencers, musicians, and artists is an asset;