Ongoing Recruitment UN Jobs 2023
Submit your CV now
Biostatistics jobs, Biomedical Sciences jobs, Public Health jobs, KEMRI jobs,
Assistant Principal Research Scientist
The officer will be responsible for the day-to-day management and logistical aspects of the demographic surveillance activities including community entry and engagement, oversee the overall implementation of the Family Health Unit operated HDSS system including study site selection, SOP writing, protocol development and approval at SERU. He /she must be flexible and work within the existing structure in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability, and integrity.
The major duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail.
- Providing day to day guidance in demographic surveillance activities and any given field of study
- Establishing a specific line of research including writing grant applications to maintain the specified research projects.
- Providing full supervisory responsibility and scientific mentorship for junior professional and technical staff attached to his/her research projects.
- Monitoring and directing the specified research projects.
- Guiding training and development of staff and students attached to his/her research projects.
- Making a significant contribution in devising and planning work and defining research priorities.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator
- Actively seeking collaborations across different disciplines of research within CGHR
- Develop a data to action plan for HDSS data and nested studies
- Lead the development of HDSS strategic plan which may include change of funding/business model, addition and integration of new data sources, etc
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Biomedical Sciences, Applied Sciences, Public Health, Demography, Epidemiology or any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Biostatistics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Mathematics or any or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: – Biostatistics, Statistics, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, Public Health, Demography, Epidemiology or any relevant/equivalent qualifications
- from a recognized institution.
- Doctorate degree in any of the following disciplines: – Biomedical Sciences, Biostatistics, Applied Sciences, Public Health, Demography, Epidemiology or any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
- Developed at least twelve (12) proposals, six (6) of which have been funded; Additionally, he/she must have published at least six (6) articles in refereed journals with at least three (3) articles as the first or lead author.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer application
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong background in demography.
- Strategic thinking
- Proposal writing skills.
- Analytical skills
- Creativity and Innovativeness
- Research fundraising skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Team player.